7th Annual 100s in the Hills *July 26-30 2017* Silverton·CO·USA·EARTH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some great advice in this thread. We're hoping to be first time attendees this year!

Is it pretty popular to haul up a pop up camper? With all of the comments about rain and wetness, I just wanted to see how the pop ups hold up versus the elements?

Thanks,
Jon
Depends on how good the roof keeps out water. Mine does a pretty good job. I only had one mysterious drip that I couldn't figure out after and entire day of rain. I have a 2008 Jayco Baja.

I've got a1 inch lift with 33" ko2's. So it sounds like I'm good to go. All maintenance is done, just need to install some tittie and pads i have, repack my brainsbe, and do my cv's. Also have a set of slee sliders next on my shopping list.

In the meantime, I'll be giving calling a try in central Texas before then, that should give me an idea on what i might need.

Thank you for the kind responses.

I've got a1 inch lift with 33" ko2's. So it sounds like I'm good to go. All maintenance is done, just need to install some tittie and pads i have, repack my brainsbe, and do my cv's. Also have a set of slee sliders next on my shopping list.

In the meantime, I'll be giving calling a try in central Texas before then, that should give me an idea on what i might need.

Thank you for the kind responses.

Yup. You'll be fine. I ran 275/70/18 (33") KO2s on an active AHC system in Neutral (no lift). Other than Imogene in 2 spots, I never touched a rock. You'll be more than fine.

I ran a stock set up with stock size A/T tires and sliders.....all was fine, sliders came into play a couple of times on Black Bear.

Yup. You'll be fine. I ran 275/70/18 (33") KO2s on an active AHC system in Neutral (no lift). Other than Imogene in 2 spots, I never touched a rock. You'll be more than fine.
That's good to know. I know their previous FAQ said it was fine for stock, (but recommended some nice shoes). So hearing that makes me feel better before I try and get a ticket.

That's good to know. I know their previous FAQ said it was fine for stock, (but recommended some nice shoes). So hearing that makes me feel better before I try and get a ticket.

Tires are the real key. Quality AT tires make the BIGGEST difference. A stock cruiser is very capable. Add some AT tires and these rigs can dang near do anything.

How family friendly is HIH?

I'd like to attend with my family (girls will be 2.5 yr, 15 mos) in July. What about pets? i've got an old Labrador that doesn't like to be left behind.

I'd like to attend with my family (girls will be 2.5 yr, 15 mos) in July. What about pets? i've got an old Labrador that doesn't like to be left behind.

Are you me?

I will have a 2.5 year old, a 15 month old, and a wirehaired pointer. We can hang out at the kids table...

hmmm, I will have a 13 month old and was planning on waiting till next year. I figured that even the "easy" trails would be too much, but I am starting to reconsider. Did you guys do any of the previous events? Anyone else go with young children/babies?

You will be MORE than fine with infants. I have run every trail in Ouray/Silverton w/ wife pregnant with both of our daughters and subsequently since they were born. My oldest daughter (3 now) began running these trails at 4 months old. I will have my 2 & 3 year old daughters along - as well as my four dogs. This is an incredibly family friendly event - kids/pets VERY much welcome to attend. Tons is trail options and even the hardest trail which has a bypass for the hard obstacle can be done with letting passengers out. The more kids - the more family fun!!

Kids and well-behaved pets are welcome and encouraged. For the younger ones, you might want to have a portable toilet handy since there aren't always convenient porta-potties on most of the runs. But headquarters/campground has no issues.

It’s an event for the entire family. The wheeling is mild, but the views are amazing. I’d say we get nothing but great feedback from those with families. The main camp/headquarters is also ideal for meeting others, many that will also have kids and pets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom