79 mini I am thinking about

Discussion in '95-older Toyota Truck Tech' started by Landpimp, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    local Toyota dealer service writer is selling his 79 mini, he bought it from the orignal owners 6 months ago, he then lifted it 4", 33's and a new Macco paint job(stock yellow I think) The mini was serviced at the dealer for most its life, its in great shape, no rust, stock(besides lift) (he had the stock wheels, the hub caps LC type but had no room for them, so he tossed them........ONE day before I talked to him)

He is selling because he bought a brand new Tundra and has no room to keep the mini.

But anyway, he is asking 4k for it, is this alot for a mini?

John

2. bh4rnnr

bh4rnnr

Seems like 3-4k for a decent running mini is about normal.........

3. mabrodis

mabrodis

John, you didn't say how many miles it has. $4K seems steep to me, but it sounds far nicer than any I've ever seen of that vintage, so you're obviously paying a premium to get a very clean vehicle.

Where are the pictures?!? :D

4. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    I forget the miles, I looked at it when he got it, not sense then. I will be looking at it next week.

what bothers me is the Macco paint job, but the local Macco does nice work actaully, wish it wasn't lifted also.

5. Cube Dweller

Cube Dweller Moderator

$4K seems high unless the body is perfect and it's complete. Average price I see for unbuilt ones in norcal is $2K to $2,500. So if you don't have to hunt down a bunch of parts and it wasn't wheeled hard or owned by a kid, that's prob. worth $1,500.

I wish I still had my 1980 longbed.

6. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    complete, adult owned, never wheeled, local WA rig, current owner is service writer for my toyota dealer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.