For Sale 79 FJ40 Power Steering GA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image.jpeg
looks like I will be parting the 79 FJ40 I had in the vehicles for sale section. I'm starting with the power steering components.
Here is what I have:
OEM Toyota power steering box
Cooling lines (has issues that I will elaborate on)
High pressure line
Low pressure fitting
Rag joint
Steering column
Heat shield (very good shape)
Misc bolts
The pump seems to be in good shape and it was dry but if I were going to use it I would probably rebuild it but that's me. The steering column has the ignition but I don't have a key. If you use the ignition it shouldn't be hard to have a key made. The column would need maybe some clean up and paint or use as is. The heat shield is nice with a small amount of surface rust but solid. High pressure line looks good but it's untested. Now to the cooling line. It has a pinched area that I don't if it can be fixed. At the least it would be a good guide to make another.
PRICE $1500 for it all plus shipping.
PayPal as a gift or you can pay me the 2.9%. Other payment means can be discussed.
Swamp Thing is first in line.
I will see if anybody wants this here for a few days and then off to eBay as bad as I hate doing it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Stating the obvious but I don't have the power steering pump. Pocs of the line added.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

BTT anybody interested before it goes to eBay ? I may split it up.

Possible deal pending on the heat shield and cooling lines so here are the individual prices on the rest.
Power steering gear box $850
High pressure line and low pressure fitting $100
Steering shaft w/ignition (no key) $150
Plus shipping.

Hey Paul, this isn't the first time you've come across as an a****** in your posts. Perhaps you should tone it down.

Odds are Paul was highly influenced by one or more of his friends last night.....maybe The Captain (Morgan), Jose (Cuervo), Jim (Beam) or Jack (Daniels). I'm sure when he's not around them he's a really nice guy that likes his Bezel upside down!

You should be ashamed, you ripped off a 91 year old man, a rust free untouched 76 fj40, for $300!!! And your bitching about an ultra rare factory late model ps gear for $800?? Get the f off this forum, cause your not welcome here!! Another jack ass spouting off! Cheers bitz!!

You have a shop?? With your attitude, your lucky you have beer money, its obvious you drink the cheap stuff. Let me guess, your shop name? Dick heads r us!! Dont usually get involved with pos here, but someone had to. Im done, wot!

I've been around this forum for a while and I usually don't respond to stuff like this but since I started this thread I feel the need. To be clear selling parts is not my job and doesn't pay the rent. I have a 29 year career that handles that just fine. I'm simply a guy that loves Toyotas. That's all I own. I don't currently own a 40 other than the parts ones but I do have an 80 that I've been building and a 62 that needs a motor which I hope to purchase from a member here. I purchased these vehicles (40's) to hopefully make a few dollars to fund my addiction. All the $ made will go to other forum members for their stuff or to a vendor here (Beno). Florida Paul I don't know any "kids" building a 40. I contribute enough of my hard earned $ to taxes already. My 18 year old "kid" is in college thus creating a need. To sum this up the market usually determines what something is worth. I can ask whatever but nobody is holding a gun to anybody's head to make them buy. No shame here. As already stated YOU should be ashamed for giving an old man $300 for that 40. Face it, if you join this game it costs $ to play. We all know that. At any rate thanks to all that contribute positively to this forum. It has been invaluable to me in my builds and maintenance as well as making a few $ here and there. Cheers to all!

Oh, and anybody who wants to shoot me a reasonable offer on what I have left feel free.

:popcorn::popcorn: TTT. GLWS.

FloridaPaul - if you're in Jupiter per your user ID, I'm in WPB and in need of some rare parts cheap at non-Poser prices :flipoff2:. Namely the OEM soft top bows, tailgate, related hardware and decent fenders, etc. I was encouraged (read SO) to part with a few years back to downsize my hoard. I was thankful there was a market for what I sold, as I've given away a ton of stuff over the years rather than see it go to waste. Some of those same folks have given me stuff in time of need without blinking an eye or asking for anything.

While I'm not keen and can commiserate on where FJ40 prices have gone, the upside is that it breeds innovation with repro parts and folks pulling out their stashes, which sometimes brings the market back to the average hobbyist. Better yet, when you've established relationships with those folks, when you need say an OEM 76 light switch (thanks Marshall aka Trollhole), you know who to call, and they treat you fair - and make a fair profit in the exchange).

Crapping on other folks posts selling hens teeth and unicorns is just :princess::princess::princess:- especially when all's you need to do is fab up a pedestal and bolt on a mini-truck box to accomplish what you want/need.

Hijack off.

I shot the photo of this nearly rust free and untouched 76, a couple months ago, just after loading it onto my trailer, having only, moments before, purchased it from the original owner, WW2 hero, 91 yo man, for 300 bucks.
He used the truck to make trails and access his 200 acre property in NC through the 70's, 80's and 90's. After finalizing the sale and loading the truck, we shared a cold beer, while looking over the stack of paperwork (including the original window sticker) he pulled from an old dusty file cabinet.
We briefly spoke about how disappointed we both were at how the fj40 was exploited, because of its abilities, by a non-hard working breed of posers, that believe, somehow, if they own one, they will share in its honorable character. Equally as disappointing, are the individuals making a living out of exploiting the parts off this awesome machine.
Sometimes I have to buy hole trucks just for a couple parts,, I give, or nearly give, the left over parts away, that I don't need, to honorable people who need them for their trucks, because I have a real job and don't need to make money off these trucks.

"mtrdud" I apologize for derailing your thread. You should be ashamed for asking that much for that stuff. Sell the stuff to some kid, trying to get his truck on the road, for a reasonable price.

"JToobe" Tobias, I've no doubt, you are as pretty as your truck, with a post like that.

"TCSTARK" Your probably right.

"whitey45" During my second beer with this awesome, old guy, I pointed out that the bezel was upside down. He said he removed and painted it a long time ago, and that he didn't realize it was wrong.. I told him I would fix it,, but I probably won't now that you mentioned it.

"447xpro" you make me ashamed to say I'm from Jersey. I grew up in north jersey, driving 40's in and out of river beds and up/down hills, have you ever even wheeled one? Or is it just all about the money for you?
Paul, sorry if i pushed you out of your "safe space", why don't you try this, work hard and save your money then when you see a rare part for your FJ40 you will be able to afford it. If you think something is overpriced, buy it from the guy selling for less.Here in America we call that the free market system. When something is overpriced it doesn't sell. The problem with your position is that everything sells , you see the demand sets the price. Raging with envy here doesn't really solve your problem of wanting an OEM PS box , it just alienates people. As to wheeling my trucks , it's really no concern of yours what I do with them, you see we live in a free country. Good luck with your build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom