79 FJ 55 ignition switch... Not like FSM colors, please help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mtpickettwoodworking.com
Took my altered 79 fj 55 to an all toyota get together this morning. Had to reach under the dash to pinch the wires together from a cheesey chinese toggle switch I have been using for my ignition just to arrive an hour late.. I have the original column switch and the key that's been in it for 38 years I've owned it, but bypassed it when I adapted the new body to it's chassis. I would love to hook up the original ign/start/.acc switch. but colors confound me. My column ign switch is as follows....... A 4 prong green male connector and the 4 wires are thus---- Blue/red, black/yellow, black/red, black/white. What goes to what?,m

plex 3.jpg

plex 1.jpg

Well, JIC anyone does a search on this issue and comes across this, My '79 FSM shows this plug as having 4 prongs with white/lt blue to ammeter, lt blue//red to acc, black/yellow to ign, black/white to starter solenoid. In testing my original switch with plug I found that the largest of 4 wires , Black/red is the ammeter, dark blue/red is the acc, black yellow is ignition and Black White is starter sol. All works perfectly now. At yesterday's toyota 'gathering' nobody could understand how this truck is a toyota. Other than the hood hinges and latches and the tailgate hinges, every part that moves, rotates, pivots, slides etc is the fj 55 under it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom