SOLD 79-85 Toyota 4x4 Power Steering Gear Box & Pump Pickup FJ40 conversion (New York City) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Toyota Power Steering Gear Box and Pump, Fits 79-85 Pickups and 4Runners and can be used for FJ40 power steering conversion using a modified bracket.

I bought it years ago for using it for a FJ40 power steering conversion, but sold my FJ40.

WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET

$900 OBO

20210621_142200.jpg

20210621_142506.jpg

20210621_142513.jpg

Do you have to cut the steering column shorter also?

Yes I have heard it’s a 30mm shortening, spoke with some mud members and they suggested there is a way to do it for safety. If you find it on mud send my way too please. This setup afsiddiqui is selling works as is with a bracket from jtoutfitters i think, or you can use internals to make an OEM fj40 using fj40 outer casing, not a cheap route after re/doing all the parts and such but OEM is a nice thing to have, I only saw this ad after I was down the rabbit hole on several other parts I bought already. :). Cheers -max

Hi, I used the same setup on an older 40 back in the 90s, but don't remember if it required any mods aside from the bracket. To be clear, this setup does not come with the bracket. you have to purchase separately. This is a only the full setup that came from the pickup.

I would understand your price if you had a Fj40 power steering box. On average a minitruck steering box can fetch $125 to $350 on Mud. The power steering pumps always sell well, with a price under $200. That leaves quite a spread on your asking price .

GLWS
KevO

I would understand your price if you had a Fj40 power steering box. On average a minitruck steering box can fetch $125 to $350 on Mud. The power steering pumps always sell well, with a price under $200. That leaves quite a spread on your asking price .

GLWS
KevO

GLWS
KevO
"OBO" means Or Best Offer

TOyota made an collapsible steering column from 81-84. it doesn't need to be cut. plus adds the safety of not being impaled if in front end collision. i have an extra if you need one. -max

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom