For Sale 79-84 FJ40 Transmission Hump / Cover in good shape (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ40 MATT

SILVER Star
Threads
Selling a 79-84 Transmission Hump or Cover that’s in good shape.

$68 plus shipping

BFA2F71E-28FF-4D0E-9EA7-106328E06134.jpeg

F38C8BA6-2511-4A63-984E-C1A52DEC9B3C.jpeg

Last edited:
I am in the process of a 4 speed conversion on my 1971 FJ40. Can I massage this onto my current 3 speed transmission cover? My understanding is that I need a 4 speed transmission cover, as it sits higher. Thank you in advance.

I am in the process of a 4 speed conversion on my 1971 FJ40. Can I massage this onto my current 3 speed transmission cover? My understanding is that I need a 4 speed transmission cover, as it sits higher. Thank you in advance.
Pm sent

T t t

T t t

That is an interesting question, and one I’ve never thought of. What do you think John @Living in the Past ?

That is an interesting question, and one I’ve never thought of. What do you think John @Living in the Past ?

Personally would do what I did twenty five years ago with the 74-78 transmission hump like the one I bought from you Mark. Cut the back to match the length of the earlier cover. Had to work the right side a little but it raised the whole hump. Believe the 79-82 inspection cover could be used. This would allow the 74-82 boots to be used. Going this route before I made the final trim to graft the cover would have the four speed installation complete. Then center the shifter cane for the transmission. The 79+ tunnel is completely different and wouldn't assume the angle on the inspection cover be the same location as the earlier tunnel cover.

The 10/82+ (83 model) hump and inspection cover changed with the start of the H55F. This change was also on the four speed hump/cover. The boots also changed 10/82. Only difference between the four speed and five speed is the opening for the transfer case was further back on the five speed.

T t t

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom