‘79 40 power steering hose??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ISO PS steering hose (high pressure) for OEM steering set up or any information; like thread pitch, that can lead me to finding fittings I need. Can a 7/80 and newer PS hose fit the ‘79?

Post #7 from the FAQs:

ISO PS steering hose (high pressure) for OEM steering set up or any information; like thread pitch, that can lead me to finding fittings I need. Can a 7/80 and newer PS hose fit the ‘79?

I offer the EARLY Smaller Size Return Lines i Hand Make in-house .........

1630584733532.png

1630584705015.png

1630584753177.png

3404112L - Copy.jpg

High pressure hoses and fittings are hard to find. I believe minitruck hoses are the same size, but are almost as hard to find. '79-85 4x4 solid-axle trucks. You also might be able to use the HP fitting from an IFS truck PS line (easier to find) and have a shop custom-make you a hose.

I made my own HP side hose using a cut to fit kit from Eaton and some adapter fittings to connect to the pump and steering box. It doesn’t look oem but it was quick, affordable, and works great.

I’ll see if I can find more info on the exact pieces I ordered.

I put a an FJ60 hose on my 79 and it worked great although it is a bit long. Seems like mine was cheaper but I think this is the same one.

But I think these are the fittings sizes. I had a heck of a time (never did) finding the high pressure fitting.

low Pressure Port - 16 x 1.5 MM Inverted Flare
high Pressure Port - 17 x 1.5 MM Inverted Flare

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom