78 wiper motor wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I've read through a bunch of posts including coolermans wiring schematics. I think I'm more confused now than when I started. I've got a stock 78 wiper motor in good shape and a painless wiring universal wiper switch. Any way to make this work where I have a high and low speed?

not sure how the painless is setup.
the stock wiper wiring uses ground to control the motor speeds, positive goes to the motor and the switch moves the ground around for the 2 speeds and park
if the painless uses positive thru the switch, it won't work

not sure how the painless is setup.
the stock wiper wiring uses ground to control the motor speeds, positive goes to the motor and the switch moves the ground around for the 2 speeds and park
if the painless uses positive thru the switch, it won't work
Could I wire a fused 12v lead to the motor and send each of the ground leads from the motor to the switch to complete a ground circuit. The switch would ground park when in the off position, ground speed 1 then ground speed 2?

Could I wire a fused 12v lead to the motor and send each of the ground leads from the motor to the switch to complete a ground circuit. The switch would ground park when in the off position, ground speed 1 then ground speed 2?

basically that is how it came from the factory, the switch controls grounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom