'78 stock carb question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Context:
I'm rebuilding the motor on my '78. As a part of the process, I wanted to replace the Weber carb the PO put on with the stock carb that came in a bucket of parts with the vehicle. I just learned that the stock carb is supposed to be connected to the accelerator pedal through a solid linkage rather than the cable that was operating the throttle on the Weber.

Newb question:
Is it possible/worth it to try to figure out how to make the stock carb work with the cable?

At this point I'm guessing I'm better off just throwing the Weber back on there, but figured I'd ask.

Yes it is doable. Non US carbs were set up that way...which means...it can be done with Toyota parts.

Well that's encouraging. Where would one find either the parts that other markets used -OR- pictures/diagrams that show how they were set up? Google is not turning up anything so far.

Since Mark’s a supporting “Jedi” vendor... and since he just answered your question and since he lusts for phone conversation... call him? ;)

437 N. MOSS ST.
BURBANK, CA 91502
CALL US: (818) 953-9230

Visit Marksoffroad.net

Visit Marksoffroad.net

You can probably piece together the parts from places like classic cruisers and SOR too. But call Mark first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom