For Sale 78 For sale on Craiglist- Tucson, AZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saw this and the posting is buried a bit on CL.

Thoughts? Wanting $17.9k

In talking with the seller, seems like a good guy. Exterior is 8/10 and 9/10 for the interior.

RHD, 150k. (converted from kilos).

There are a number of threads addressing the possible issues with the 2L-TE. I highly suggest you review these threads prior to pulling the trigger. I'm not in anyway advising that you refrain from buying the Cruiser.
I'm simply advising that you do your due diligence.

OK if you're comfortable with travelling at a slow pace, considering this is a 4 cylinder diesel, sub 100 hp, pushing 33" tires on a 2 ton vehicle.

In my opinion the LJ78 is best if you plan on doing your own maintenance and upgrades; otherwise it could easily drain a bank account. Make sure that the head has been replaced, and I would suggest planning for an intercooler. Other than that, it looks like a really nice example with some excellent upgrades. They actually make pretty good daily drivers due to the coil suspension, and aren't really that slow. I've had 2 LJ78's and 2 FJ62's, the LJ is definitely faster around town than the FJ, and can still cruise at 110 km/h on the flats.

Dont worry PhxDT I have a LJ77 listed on bringatrailer.com/auctions currently that may be what you are looking for. LHD, less kms than what you listed, Toyota maintained and STOCK.

No vintage, diesel 70 Series is fast, no matter how many cylinders. This LJ77 does get 30+MPG and is not the 2LTe known for cracking, it is a 2LT. Keep the cooling system serviced and the tires stock and the overheating issues are not common.

Buy from the source through the auction and the savings would be unmatched. My logistics services are included in the winning bid. Auction ends December 26 and you could be cruising Camelback before the Superbowl.

Seriously, this is one of the nicest LJ77s I have ever driven and the most handsome. PM me for details and available added services post auction.

Auction link - 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser LJ77 LX

1991 Toyota Land Cruiser LJ77 LX - Exterior Pic-9.jpg

I have bought two cruisers from this seller. He is honest, up-front, and makes the confusing import process as painless as possible. I would recomend him to anyone. Also, I have owned Four 2LT equiped vehicles over the past 10 years without an issue. No problems unless you put 33" tires on without regearing. Do that and you're LUGGING the engine every time you drive it.

Thanks @steve729, it was great working with you and hope to do it again soon! I need to visit this forum more often and get the word out...I am here at the source EVERYDAY for those interested.

@Onur Sounds good, how would I go about doing that? I browsed the forum and could not find the answer. I sell services not wares BTW.
Welcome to a forum where you might be called a pimp and offered help in the same thread.

1) Tap on your user name ... Top right. (In the photo below I would tap on Gun Runner 5 in the top right)
Once you tap on your user name, an additional menu will appear that includes "account upgrades".
2) You will see in the bottom photo that there are a number of ways to support the website.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
@Onur Sounds good, how would I go about doing that? I browsed the forum and could not find the answer. I sell services not wares BTW.
I would however caution you against "tagging" onto someone else's for sale thread. (It's considered "bad form" on the forum). Probably preferable to contact potential buyers via "private message" or simply starting an additional thread.

@Gun Runner 5 Thanks for your help and I totally agree with you on etiquette. This appears to be a dead thread with the original Craigslist ad being removed, so I decided to jump in being that I have a very nice Cruiser, the same model but in LHD, currently on auction at BaT. Thanks again.

@Gun Runner 5 Thanks for your help and I totally agree with you on etiquette. This appears to be a dead thread with the original Craigslist ad being removed, so I decided to jump in being that I have a very nice Cruiser, the same model but in LHD, currently on auction at BaT. Thanks again.
In addition to supporting those that provide and maintain this forum, there are a number of advantages in navigating the website if you purchase a silver or gold star.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom