78 FJ55 grille fit on a 74 FJ55? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOR shows '69-'79 being the same. So go for it.

there is I think a differnce for some years, I think there are signals built in to the grill area on early(guessing 74 and before) and not so on 75+

here is a 68
51037762.jpg

http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL326/691553/1150071/18365805.jpg

can't find a 74 pic, but I think its the same as a 78, 68 might have been the only year with the parking lights in the grill

Dang.

3600 bucks brand new......:eek:

see if you can find me a set of those turn signals, new in the box.......;)

another for ya
59811493.jpg

no price but ya gotta like this one
37192388.jpg

full line for 66
37230038.jpg

62, FST
37192703.jpg

cruiserdan said:
Dang.

3600 bucks brand new......:eek:

the lights in the grill ended in 69 and there is a "plug" for lack of a better word in place of them.

the grill lights are quite rare indeed even in other markets, plugs (chrome inserts) were early and you dont see many, most just have an indent in the stamped steel.

pimp i believe the grill lights are the same as the front side marker lights, which are also rare but gives you another option to look.

RHINO said:
pimp i believe the grill lights are the same as the front side marker lights, which are also rare but gives you another option to look.
i don't think so...i think they are long skinny and not tapered...saw one once

actually, pimp's post piggie has them. so you can see how long and skinny they are.

Ige, you may be 100% correct. my 1-69 piggy, which i'd kill to have back, had the grill lights but not side markers, only reflectors like in pimps pic. i saw a few pics of a couple pigs in europe maybe that had side marker lights alot like the grill lights, maybe the same, but definitely not long skinnies. also, in pimps pic are you sure what your calling lights is not the emblem that has the small "toyota" in front of "land cruiser" ???

ehh on second thought that emblem wasnt out till the late 70's right?

Last edited:
RHINO said:
also, in pimps pic are you sure what your calling lights is not the emblem that has the small "toyota" in front of "land cruiser" ???

?
nope...obviously lights...right below the headlights. if you look on later grill, you may see loose inserts in that location

I have about a half dozen side marker lights I got off ~75ish corollas and Hilux pickups at the pick and pull last year. The rubber base is not correct, but the lights fit just fine. I think I paid like $2 for each.

sorry Ige, i think we have a mis comunication going on, i was refering to side marker lights on the front fenders.

cardinal thats cool, happen to have a pic?

Off topic, but did anyone else notice the guys in the tank weren't looking were the tank was going, they were drooling over the Land Crusier. Or maybe it was the actress? Naw, had to be the Land Cruiser. (yes, I know, the driver is below so it doesn't make any difference where they are staring, but still amusing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom