78 FJ40 Frame Off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is a pic of the piece between the air horn and body, a pic of where the AAP should be, also on the body when i was trying to separate it from the other piece i have no idea what its called, i think i f*&%$d up the body on the corner. Anyone have any input?
DSC_0034.jpg
DSC_0035.jpg
DSC_0037.jpg

Here are some pics of the carb primed ready for paint and some nice shiny parts from the carb dip. Pretty happy with how it came out.
DSC_0075.jpg
DSC_0076.jpg

now that I have the carb ready, im waiting on some misc pieces i :censor: up. Working on the carb got my juices flowing again so i ordered a lot of parts from proffitts. SOA, chormoly inner shafts, six shooter knuckles and rebuild kit, tie rod ends, high steer kit, saginaw ps box, bracket, pump and pulley, and some other front end stuff....:clap: Should be in this week. In the mean time i pulled the front axle. sorry i didn't take any pics of the process after reading more in depth from the FSM im wishing i did. I think ill be in for a real treat putting everything together. Im thinking of replacing all of the bearings and races as well, what are your guys thoughts? i know i need at least one (hahaha pic at the end). I will tackle the rear axle this week im sure i will run into issues with the drum brakes but we will see. Once i get all of this squared away i need to order basically the back section of my frame, have it sandblasted, welded then i will paint and put my axles back underneath with new tires and wheels and be where i want for my rolling chassi. any advice?
DSC_0076.jpg

After removing the axles there were two washers and both gears that are held in by the pinion pin and spacer. The FSM didn't say anything about these coming out, does anyone know how they go back in haha. Also is a 78 a semi floating axle?
DSC_0098.jpg

it seems like this is a lot of marring on the diff to me, what do you guys think new diff? i will get better pictures when i pull out the third mbr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom