(78) FJ40 Battery Tray Shims 52321-55010 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have a photo of these discontinued Toyota Battery Shims? I’m wondering if they can just be fabricated? These go under the battery tray (between the mount and the battery tray)?, correct?

Nothing fancy, same shim under front bib hinge. Used 1 x 3 in conveyor belt or any rubber isolator 1/8" thick will work. But here are my OEM ones-it's more of a webbing material.

B3A37C36-2585-465A-A77F-273094CBB509.jpeg

Last edited:
Whatever you use for those, just make sure they don’t hold water. If you’re using webbing then saturate it with a wax based lube or equivalent. I just use some thick rubber washers under my battery tray. They work great. Keeps it off the frame mount. Doesn’t promote rust. I wanted to keep the original shim under the bib hinge, so I refreshed it with a generous dose of Amsoil HDMP.

Nothing fancy, same shim under front bib hinge. Used 1 x 3 in conveyor belt or any rubber isolator 1/8" thick will work. But here are my OEM ones-it's more of a webbing material.

View attachment 2926562
Sweet! What a beautiful engine compartment.

Do you have four or six? I just bought a new OEM tray and it looks like a tight alignment with the threaded bolt holes on the mount. Just wondering if they are designed to go on specific holes. From your photo it looks like you could be using all eight threaded holes (four on each side) but the Spec is for four total.

Yes, 4 specific (slotted) holes, 4 shims. Original, cleaned up engine compartment 36k mile truck.

Is the tray going parallel to the mount and fender or is it perpendicular? I always had the battery mounted parallel to the fender. Your photo looks like the tray is sticking out toward the engine block.

I’ve purchased those shims from Toyota this year. Not t gonna get out of bed to find you the part number but I think they’re not NLA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom