78 FJ40 Alabama (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Up for sale again huh. Isn't this the one that you got for a song? price seems high... I'd say around 5K would be about right. (I can say that too cause this ain't the For Sale section). You got some good advice in the chitchat section.

It has been for sale for a couple months on here....I don't know what you mean by again and what does "I got it for a song" mean?

This is the truck a few people tried buying and it wasn't nearly the amount that you're trying to sell it for. That's what i mean.
I don't mind people flipping items/trucks/donkeys/bear rugs.... but if you do, please don't try to flip it to the same folks that tried buying in the first place.

Dude, I think you have me comfused with someone else. I have owned this truck for a little over a year and have had it for sale the last couple months. Besides ebay reaching the above stated final price I have had one person look at it and one offer. I haven't talked to anyone else about it since having it for sale.

Knowone has tryed to buy it off this site so you don't know what your talking about.

Sorry. I suppsoe i do have this truck confused with another. My B. This is not the truck that was for sale in B'ham last year that was so cheap that it had everybody and their mother trying to call the seller about it.... If this is not the truck, then i apologize and will remove my posts.
Sorry for the cornfusion.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I swear some of the people on this site have a lot of nerve.

I have no idea who tried to buy it or what offered they gave the guy I bought it from. How would I? And it is not hard to put a couple thousand into a project in a years time. The tires alone were almost $800. I don't understand why you think I am making some huge profit but whatever, it's none of your buisiness anyway.

As far as you need to be conserned it is sold.

I have no problem flipping, i even said that above... but don't flip to the same people who tried getting it for $5K less... flip on eBay or Craigslist... just not to the same people who wanted it at 3k OBO...

I would tend to think I'm not the one "with a lot of nerve" in this situation... am i wrong? If I am then I'll remove my posts...

Whew! I have alot of nerve bringing up a thread that is less than a year old...

besides new tires and changing the oil, what have you done in the past year to justify the price increase? This isn't the for sale section so these are all fair questions. Several club members were interested in this truck when it was for sale last year and would probably still be interested if it was priced correctly.

thanks matt.
I didn't say crap in any of your threads regarding this truck.... but you just pimped it to the club in the club section... it then becomes our business...

Well besides the fact that the 4 wheel drive didn't work (transfer case was bad and was stuck in 4HI) when I got it, and it didn't stop, and it would overheat, and it didn't have any exhaust on it, and the top had absolutely NO seals, and the tires were dry rotted, the guages didn't all work, and the top was two different colors, and the steering was messed up terribly, and every gasket/seal/ piece of rubber on it was dry rotted and broken, and the carberator was original and never touched, and the front bumper was bent all to hell. But besides all that I did do a full tune up and wash it with the intertions to flip and make a huge profit (joke). It was such a basket case when I bought it I had to tow it home on a Uhaul trailer because it hadn't run in such a long time and wouldn't run on the road very well.

I bought this as a project and a fun toy. I have put a ton of time and money into it. I am not making any money on it and the only reason I am selling it is because of things going on in my life and I would really appreicate you all to stop giving me the third degree on this.

It will be sold tomorrow.

I bought this as a project and a fun toy. I have put a ton of time and money into it. I am not making any money on it and the only reason I am selling it is because of things going on in my life and I would really appreicate you all to stop giving me the third degree on this.

It will be sold tomorrow.

good for you to sell it. Honestly. I understand things in life get in way of life. I hope all that works out.

You should have listed all of that in your for sale thread, in bullet points. That's the important stuff that everyone on here is interested in. Did you get a new transfer case, new exhaust, new brakes, new top seals, new gauges, new TRE's, new engine seals - that's a lot of valuable stuff that you didn't list in the original ad? good luck or congrats on the local sale, I wouldn't burn your bridges here though, local buyers can be flaky sometimes.

sorry you have to sell it, I sold my 1977 fj40 in '94 and I still regret it. It would have been a pain to DD for a lot of years, and would be now too, but I would happily drive it to work everyday now. Buying another one now that I am married and have kids is not in the cards for a long, long time.

I don't know what you mean by again

https://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-trailers-sale-wanted/347787-olive-brown-78-fj40.html

I'm not a fool (ok, maybe I am)
this isn't chitchat. We are all friends here in the club section. We will never treat you like the folks in chitchat treat folks. It does seem that you are showing them more respect than us on here though. We actually meet each other face to face and treat each other with the utmost respect. Respect us and we'll respect you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom