78 FJ40 2F water temp sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I bought my FJ it was missing the water temp sensor, have any of you all used water temp sensor part 143 4033 from Napa? Does it thread into the bushing that screws into block I was never able to figure out what thread the bushing sizes down to. Thanks

Check with @ToyotaMatt. As I recall, he had the correct bushing and a replacement sensor for earlier models.

Yes the sensor threads into the bushing. Don’t use Teflon tape during assembly. There is a couple different products available. I’ll post for you later if no one else “recalls” the brand name.

edit. Yep I see it‘s a 78. Again check w/Matt

Last edited:
1680981261918.jpeg

When I bought my FJ it was missing the water temp sensor, have any of you all used water temp sensor part 143 4033 from Napa? Does it thread into the bushing that screws into block I was never able to figure out what thread the bushing sizes down to. Thanks
Check with @ToyotaMatt. As I recall, he had the correct bushing and a replacement sensor for earlier models.

Yes the sensor threads into the bushing. Don’t use Teflon tape during assembly. There is a couple different products available. I’ll post for you later if no one else “recalls” the brand name.

edit. Yep I see it‘s a 78. Again check w/Matt

DSCN9858_2048x.JPG

DSCN9864_d32fdea4-9114-42f8-9e69-d4c37f6f1a13_2048x.JPG

DSCN0794_2048x.jpg

DSCN0787_2048x.jpg

n95722703.3_2048x.jpg

Wow that’s what the original water senders look like? So much longer than other replacements it seems. Also my block has two, is that correct?

Just ran a quick search through “flea-bay”. There are a couple different vendors showing an OE temp sensor for a 78. Matt has the correct bushing. Badda boom badda bing…😎

Wow that’s what the original water senders look like? So much longer than other replacements it seems. Also my block has two, is that correct?

you have a sensor for the gauge in the dash ,

then because your a California Emissions compliant land cruiser 2F

you have a RED TIP thermo sensor behind the carb ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom