78 BJ40, Gringo in Costa Rica, New to Site (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, Just wanted to introduce myself. A few months ago, I purchased a 78 BJ40 and needless to say I've become obsessed. It's become the surf vehicle and soon to be my new hobby. First order of business will be a new suspension and double battery + solar setup for aux power. I also just ordered a diesel repair manual and plan on getting into all sorts of trouble. Feel free to message me about Costa Rica. If you live down here, I'm looking for a good bj40 mechanic in the Guanacaste Area or around Playas Del Coco.

Later

THad
PICT0013.JPG

rica

Just living man, I travel overseas for my work and shoot back and forth a lot. And the wife teaches. It's great place to live. The US kinda got old and I wanted to live next to the Ocean and not have to pay a million bucks to do it. Plus life seems a lot simpler down here. Less distraction.

actually the place i stayed looks an aweful lot like the background of your picture. whitish gravel, yellow wall... where was that picture taken? I don't remember the name of the hotel.

Summer Salt

I know some of the Dive folks down there. Check out Patrick at Summer Salt Dive Center next time you're down. My wife and I got our full PADI cert in 4 days of work for 600 bucks total. And the dives were awesome!

actually the place i stayed looks an aweful lot like the background of your picture. whitish gravel, yellow wall... where was that picture taken? I don't remember the name of the hotel.

There are bunches of Places that look just like that. Sorry, but you may have stayed at the Coco Verde downtown. I used to have a couple places for rent but just sold em'. That pic was in front of my place. Let me know if you ever want any tips about coming back down here. You can rent condos down here for a lot cheaper that decent hotels cost.

You lucky son of gun! I went to Costa a few years ago and would do anything to live there, I am in Military and will be awhile before I can get down there again. Enjoy and welcome to the site, and nice rig, I just bought my BJ and learning things evryday from this site!

Roberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom