77 SERIES PULLING TO THE LEFT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For a period of ownership the truck drove straight. The truck has never been in an accident, but again before purchase it was a) inspected b) appraised c) japanese car fax report was attained d) canadian car fax report was attained. Through not 1 of those sources do we have a suspicion of an accident being reported. I think I can say beyond a reasonable doubt that the truck has never been in an accident.

Suspension, I think it is on the correct side. I will take a look; these are dakar heavy leafs; the truck does not sit off to one side.

I'd like to know more about your camber theory... The roads here are cambered and drives the most straight when in our right lane (slowest lane).

Vehicles have a small amount of more caster built into the inside tire to deal with the crown in the road. Very common to see upwards of a full degree more on the inside wheel on many vehicles. LHD this will be on the LHS, RHD and it will be on the RHS.

How about you post the alignment shop spec sheet.

Sloppy leaf spring bushings can also cause issues but generally that is wander not pulling to one side or the other.

Cheers

Vehicles have a small amount of more caster built into the inside tire to deal with the crown in the road. Very common to see upwards of a full degree more on the inside wheel on many vehicles. LHD this will be on the LHS, RHD and it will be on the RHS.

How about you post the alignment shop spec sheet.

Sloppy leaf spring bushings can also cause issues but generally that is wander not pulling to one side or the other.

Cheers

I'll call them for it.

Post wheel alignment figures, is this a LHD or RHD vehicle? I thought you could only adjust toe on these, to do camber and castor you need to put offset bearing kit in to the swivel hubs.

yup youre right, can only adjust toe.
I had forgotten about that.

I will try to get wheel alignment figures.
rhd

I'd like to know more about your camber theory... The roads here are cambered and drives the most straight when in our right lane (slowest lane).

The guy that does my suspension and steering headaches that I cant resolve says the 7* are flat road vehicles, meaning they only go straight on flat roads. When they are on cambered roads ,they drift to the downward side. He does a hundred or so suspension swaps on 7* series for the mines a month and has been to Japan to meet the bigwigs, he knows them back to front..
He told me all this when I took a HJ61 in for an alignment, he was double checking it with his staff it because it went too straight.
Mine seems a bit like yours, it tends to go straighter in the right lane than the left lane. I have always put this down to tyre wear or the settings the shop put into the steering. Mine will still drift to the right but it seems to need more camber.

The guy that does my suspension and steering headaches that I cant resolve says the 7* are flat road vehicles, meaning they only go straight on flat roads. When they are on cambered roads ,they drift to the downward side. He does a hundred or so suspension swaps on 7* series for the mines a month and has been to Japan to meet the bigwigs, he knows them back to front..
He told me all this when I took a HJ61 in for an alignment, he was double checking it with his staff it because it went too straight.
Mine seems a bit like yours, it tends to go straighter in the right lane than the left lane. I have always put this down to tyre wear or the settings the shop put into the steering. Mine will still drift to the right but it seems to need more camber.

^ that's an interesting comment and there's likely some truth to it.

I'll take a video of me driving to work and post it or send it to you and you can tell me how it compared to yours?

if guys want to hear me ramble...

I typically never drive the truck in winter, usually drive the FZJ80 everywhere, but I have the 80 parked until Early December until I can start working on the front axle service, I've got a front axle build to work on for that one.

Is that a Japanese import? I would have thought it would have had the dash with all the gauges like the aussie 75 series.
Something wrong there in the way it drifts to the left from the right lane.

Is that a Japanese import? I would have thought it would have had the dash with all the gauges like the aussie 75 series.
Something wrong there in the way it drifts to the left from the right lane.

we don't import Australian RHD Landcruisers to Canada because you Australians do too good of a job at using them up; and your used market is very healthy.

Thank you for your input, my friend!

-the gauge cluster has to do with the type of LC; not the region I believe. edit I have a commercial edition 77, vinyl seats, and floors, manual doors and windows. I think this cluster could come on these versions. I've seen the cluster of the new ones and those are nice.

Last edited:
most of the vehicles I have done the offset bearings in have been 75 series really need to see the wheel alignment figures. you can adjust the steering wheel position with the drag link.

I wrote these in a rush; was in the office and walking and we go to the numbers quickly, I have emailed to confirm.

Toe: L 30 - R 50
Camber: L.38 - R.15
Caster: - this one I can't tell what I wrote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom