77 seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
These seats came with my 77 fj45 lwb project I will not be needing them $Can 75
Picture 030.jpg
Picture 031.jpg
Picture 032.jpg

Hey Rob,

I am also in Maple Ridge and also have a '76 '45 in the works.

The see your drivers seat has a headrest. Is it original or from a 40 series?

I might be interested.

Cheers

Ryan

Ryan,

Some of the 1979-up FJ45 seats had headrests from the factory, and many of them without headrests have the provisions under the vinyl covers to install them. They usually use two long plastic tube pieces per headrest. You might get him to peek under the vinyl on his long bench seat to see what's there and if you could retrofit a headrest to match the driver seat. I'm sure with your skills it's doable.

Seats

Not sure if they are original, they just came with the project. Let me know if you want them.

They look like FJ40 seats. How was the driver seat mounted? Were there some other brackets not shown in the pics?

They look like FJ40 seats. How was the driver seat mounted? Were there some other brackets not shown in the pics?

The driver's seat looks Fj40 but the passenger's I think is off a FJ45. The frame has the long legs out the back like a 45. Upholstery pattern matches the pattern on the 73-78 front bucket seats. We need someone from Canada to post some pictures I would like a 73-78 FJ45LP-B seats for my FJ45 but I'm not sure the driver's is orginal.

seat

Not sure they are original, don't know how they were mounted. All the parts where in the back of the truck.

The driver's seat looks Fj40 but the passenger's I think is off a FJ45. The frame has the long legs out the back like a 45. Upholstery pattern matches the pattern on the 73-78 front bucket seats. We need someone from Canada to post some pictures I would like a 73-78 FJ45LP-B seats for my FJ45 but I'm not sure the driver's is orginal.

Agreed. The passenger seat is original, the driver's is not.

Agreed. The passenger seat is original, the driver's is not.

If I remember Mark you had a set of 77 FJ45 seats. Do you remember if they were set up for head rests? I believe this 77 seat still has the original Upholstery without head rest. Not seeing any real advantage of updating my seats if the newer didn't have head rests.

thanks
John

If I remember Mark you had a set of 77 FJ45 seats. Do you remember if they were set up for head rests? I believe this 77 seat still has the original Upholstery without head rest. Not seeing any real advantage of updating my seats if the newer didn't have head rests.

thanks
John

I don't remember John. The guy who bought them from me was from AZ, and he lurks here. Maybe he'll eventually chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom