77 power door lock problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
95 HZJ77HV

I've had both power door locks on passenger side go. They went about 3 months apart. I initially thought it was the actuator, but after speaking with Dan at 4wheel he insists its a ground or other wiring issue, and Dan has really earned my trust with the work he's done on it over the years. I've dug around at the truck several times and I'm at a loss.

Had driver's door panel off yesterday, could not see any problems with the wiring there, also pulled the control box in drivers door for inspection and looked fine. I've spent quite a bit of time twisting my large frame under the dash, but TBH not sure what I'm looking for. I've found a couple grounds that I've cleaned, and there is one more behind the blower motor on passenger side that I've yet to access.

My best guess is there is an issue with the wiring harness or a ground at some point after the wiring splits from the right side to the left (as both R side locks work).

Any insight or experience on this incredibly frustrating issue would be appreciated. Thanks.

Have you checked what the voltage is on the LH and RH sides with a mulitmeter? Can you get the solenoids on each door to work with direct power from the battery?

Not very good with a multimeter, but guessing I should learn. I will also figure out a way to test with direct power. I've pulled apart the doors a couple of times looking for something obvious, and was hoping to find something else to avoid that job again.

You can find videos on youtube on how to use multimeters. Basically you need to find out if the problem is with the solenoid on the doors, the power supply or the wiring in between. You can a do lot with a simple test lamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom