77 FJ55 Montana to Florida (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone tracking 55 classifieds saw this for sale...and sold...and soon coming to FL.. I erred and did not do much of a documented 'build' on my red/white 77... but this one is going to be better documented... Plan is to keep the patina, keep it as stock as possible, get her running and rolling down the highway and onto some trails .. supposed to idle, but not driveable with some fuel/carb issues as well as some brakes, etc etc.. lining up transport... hopefully next 3-4 weeks we can get er done.. but she is definitely going to be saved and given new life..

77Fj55 Miles City 1.jpeg

congrats. I'm about to send a Mustang, 70 axles, 40 doors and hardtop sides to Idaho with @mattressking so he'll be in the neighborhood. I have no idea what his load schedule is post Idaho though.

Congrats @MacDaddyRabbit ! That one looked like it was worth saving. From the pics, the roof, rockers, and rear quarters looked to be in good health. Did you get any other pics out of the PO?
No additional pics...sight unseen other then what you see... right color, seller knows the life history of the truck (he's the third owner), original, unmolested... hopefully he'll get some additional pics to me and I'll get those posted.. curious as you are about engine compartment, dash, seats, floorboards,,,,

No additional pics...sight unseen other then what you see... right color, seller knows the life history of the truck (he's the third owner), original, unmolested... hopefully he'll get some additional pics to me and I'll get those posted.. curious as you are about engine compartment, dash, seats, floorboards,,,,
I forget, who was that great American poet who said something about life being like a box of chocolates????

congrats. I'm about to send a Mustang, 70 axles, 40 doors and hardtop sides to Idaho with @mattressking so he'll be in the neighborhood. I have no idea what his load schedule is post Idaho though.
I actually saw that on another post.. I pulled the trigger and Riverrunner 'Summit Auto Transport' has the contract. He comes with a good rep and has a number of IH8mud tows/transports...

Congrats @MacDaddyRabbit ! That one looked like it was worth saving. From the pics, the roof, rockers, and rear quarters looked to be in good health. Did you get any other pics out of the PO?
Same thoughts here... Not looking for perfect... I need a 2022 project and this one checks all the boxes... can't find a 77 anywhere in FL w/o some significant rust issues...
Plus seller seems to be a good guy. I gave him the 'game plan' to save her and he's all about it.. so pics will be posted so he can follow if he likes..

Congrats on the purchase. I've shipped several Land Cruisers. I gotta guy. PM me if you're interested.

Mike

Same thoughts here... Not looking for perfect... I need a 2022 project and this one checks all the boxes... can't find a 77 anywhere in FL w/o some significant rust issues...
Plus seller seems to be a good guy. I gave him the 'game plan' to save her and he's all about it.. so pics will be posted so he can follow if he likes..
Seller advised tailgate window is inop...window up, broken handle, etc. .so I read and reread Gary's window article last night in preparation... and thanks to Pigeaten I've got a couple of parts that may, should say will, eventually bring it back to being functional... not looking forward to laying down in the rear compartment and getting the window down but.....

It's not the funnest job on a 55, but once you do it and see first hand how it all works, not too bad.
Well said.. hardest part for me on just about everything is that first step, just getting started... this forum and SME's assistance/input is incredibly helpful....

and w utube, and manuals, I just have to watch out for my other difficulty .... a lack of patience (and bourbon, and swear words!!) grins..

Bourbon is a great all purpose lubricant. Best stock up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom