77 FJ40 Tail Light Identification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I have these new tail lights and am having some difficulties determining if they are OEM or aftermarket. My concerns are that the plug doesn't appear to be correct for any year that I was able to find information on. Also it appears that most OEM were silver zinc and these clearly aren't. Anyone have ideas of their origin? The inside has dividers but no reflectors. Thank you!
Tail1.jpg
Tail.jpg
Tail4a.jpg
Tail3.jpg

Tail4.jpg

I looks like you have the right thing, unfortunately the weird little oval-ish connectors that were used 9/73-1/79 were discontinued and are NLA. I opted for an aftermarket weather tight 5 or 6 pin connector and cut off the later style plug like yours. Coolerman might have sourced some that'll work if you're wanting to try and keep it as stock as possible Cruiser Wiring - http://www.globalsoftware-inc.com/coolerman/fj40/wiringmainframe.htm

I looks like you have the right thing, unfortunately the weird little oval-ish connectors that were used 9/73-1/79 were discontinued and are NLA. I opted for an aftermarket weather tight 5 or 6 pin connector and cut off the later style plug like yours. Coolerman might have sourced some that'll work if you're wanting to try and keep it as stock as possible Cruiser Wiring - http://www.globalsoftware-inc.com/coolerman/fj40/wiringmainframe.htm
Ok, good to know & I appreciate the Info!

Hello, I have these new tail lights and am having some difficulties determining if they are OEM or aftermarket. My concerns are that the plug doesn't appear to be correct for any year that I was able to find information on. Also it appears that most OEM were silver zinc and these clearly aren't. Anyone have ideas of their origin? The inside has dividers but no reflectors. Thank you!View attachment 2707193View attachment 2707199View attachment 2707210View attachment 2707206

View attachment 2707202

I have seen these pop up lately like on EBAY , for example

they are 100% Counterfeit in every way .....

CHINA KNOCK OFF's

sorry , just being honest :confused:

land cruiser 2022 oMdle Year .png

I was Recently Scammed on some FAKE KOITO Counterfeit FJ80 amber non usa side markers ....

ill post pics here shortly

they look so legit it is NOT FUNNY

the electrical connector and wires gave them away too \

SAD ! :(

this VIDEO is a close to the tail lamps issue i know exists ......

good tech !

Thanks @ToyotaMatt! These came in a box of new parts that were included with my 77 purchase. My concern was them being counterfeit as well, they were likely purchased several years ago. I wasn’t going to use them anyway and was going to sell them...however I didn’t want to screw anyone over if they weren’t OEM. Appreciate the info!

Thanks @ToyotaMatt! These came in a box of new parts that were included with my 77 purchase. My concern was them being counterfeit as well, they were likely purchased several years ago. I wasn’t going to use them anyway and was going to sell them...however I didn’t want to screw anyone over if they weren’t OEM. Appreciate the info!

dont feel bad , i have been burned too

it happens

at least you do the right thing thats all that matter

someone WILL want them

just cover your az# and disclose there aftermarket

thats all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom