Wanted 77 FJ40 Rear Lift Gate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a 1977 FJ40 Rear Lift Gate to be able to ship to Grand Rapids MI.

Looking for a 1977 FJ40 Rear Lift Gate to be able to ship to Grand Rapids MI.
77 does not have a rear lift gate. It would have ambulance doors. Pictures from the rear of the top you have will help.

77 does not have a rear lift gate. It would have ambulance doors. Pictures from the rear of the top you have will help.
Thats funny. It came with it, but it's rusted through. Mine is actually a 1977 BJ40, so would it have ever had the lift gate and not the ambulance doors?

Thats funny. It came with it, but it's rusted through. Mine is actually a 1977 BJ40, so would it have ever had the lift gate and not the ambulance doors?
Do you know if it is a US spec or South America model? The SA models came with different options that the US stuff sometimes. Does your engine compartment have a blower motor for the heater? Upload some pics of the engine compartment and the backside of the rig. I believe 74 was the last year for a lift gate in the USA models.

Do you need just the shell, or all the mechanisms inside as well? Good to know before I return your phone call.😉

Do you know if it is a US spec or South America model? The SA models came with different options that the US stuff sometimes. Does your engine compartment have a blower motor for the heater? Upload some pics of the engine compartment and the backside of the rig. I believe 74 was the last year for a lift gate in the USA models.
It's at the shop now so I'll try to get some pics tomorrow & check for a blower. I do know it's a 77 BJ40 diesel, right side driver that came over from Japan, two owners ago. I think it was used in military. It had the wrong doors when I got it & I had to get a new top. Both came from a 74. They seem to fit ok.

It's at the shop now so I'll try to get some pics tomorrow & check for a blower. I do know it's a 77 BJ40 diesel, right side driver that came over from Japan, two owners ago. I think it was used in military. It had the wrong doors when I got it & I had to get a new top. Both came from a 74. They seem to fit ok.
RH drive and a different country spec could explain things. Pictures will confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom