Wanted '77 FJ40 OEM Roll Bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all - I'm looking for an OEM roll bar for a '77 FJ40. I don't actually need the L shaped bars, just the larger vertical bar and brackets, as I'm trying to replicate what I've seen others do in the below pics. Thanks!

IMG_5846.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

Me too, but on the left coast - most are way to overpriced for what we want to do with it. I've got a family top from Dirt Road waiting for me to figure this out.
There's also another design I liked below -

7BD8F9C2-5751-4F8D-9F78-084FC6F4652D.jpeg

Seriously – everything I've seen looks rusted out and north of a grand. I have a bench in the back and want to install 3-point seat belts for the kiddos, so that kickout tube probably wouldn't work for me, but it looks perfect for a family top. Good luck!

Me too, but on the left coast - most are way to overpriced for what we want to do with it. I've got a family top from Dirt Road waiting for me to figure this out.
There's also another design I liked below -

View attachment 2416112

Seriously – everything I've seen looks rusted out and north of a grand. I have a bench in the back and want to install 3-point seat belts for the kiddos, so that kickout tube probably wouldn't work for me, but it looks perfect for a family top. Good luck!

I am in the same boat for the kiddo- I just picked up a used metal tech front kit (Off Road Parts & Accessories | Metal Tech 4x4), trying to find an option for the back. Ideally with the soft top off I could strap down paddle boards to the top.

Is that a kit or a custom job for the rear bolt on crosspiece?
It's a custom bar option from another Mud member. He took it to a welding shop and had them design what he wanted -
**not for added safety just for the family soft top**

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom