'77 FJ40- ideas for air cleaner plug (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
any ideas for a plug?

Inked20200923_101026_LI.jpg

Yep Jim C sells plugs for this. Look at TLC Performance you can buy at his online store.

Nice thread, read it this morning. Love the color!!!!

how about just hooking that up to the valve cover, like it should be, there should be a hose going from the valve cover to the air cleaner. the barb on the valve cover is right below it

how about just hooking that up to the valve cover, like it should be, there should be a hose going from the valve cover to the air cleaner. the barb on the valve cover is right below it
i do have one connection to the valve cover. thoughts?

20200926_190020.jpg

I found something at HD for that plug, echo that my connection to the valve cover is located towards the firewall side of the air cleaner. Sorry, don’t have a pic.

The standard fix for this is a 4 pack of 1" black crutch tips sold at Walmart for $3. You'll have 3 spares that way. Not as hillbilly as it sounds.

They are definitely the thickest option. And with three spares, you can help out the next guy who asks, and maybe make a new friend. :idea:

The stub is actually the emissions air pump intake...they started showing up on air cleaners about 68 or so. I plugged mine with a tubing cap....not even sure where I found it....but it fits LOL.
8B250FEE-F227-4F95-956A-50152381F6E3.jpeg

Have used these. Come in various sizes. I got mine from PepBoys but they are available at other places also.
Probably over kill for that spot but will last forever..

Screenshot_20201119-092251_Chrome.jpg

Here’s a photo of mine- not sure if I got it from Jim C or picked it up at Ace

37194407-D669-4042-B246-B2C2AD9B971D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom