77 FJ40 Build - New Here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself to you guys. I have a 77 FJ40 that I'm in the process of resto-modding. Long story short it was both my brother & my first vehicle to drive, I swapped in a 350 & 1/2 ton axles when I was just out of high school without the money or experience to do the job properly, it worked alright but had several issues & it became clear that I needed to redo pretty much everything. So it sat for years until I could get to a point in my life where I could get back into it & hopefully get it right this time. I picked up a set of roached gm 1 tons & rebuilt them, installed 4.88's & ARB's, I cut out all the old suspension & built new mounts, actually had to cut off the front & rear section of frame & rebuild (the welds were super ugly on the original setup but evidently I had 'em burned in pretty good because there wasn't much left of the c channel once I started grinding haha), so the suspension is as far along as I can get until I get the drivetrain back in. It's going to have an LSX 6.2, 4L65, & Atlas 2 for the drivetrain. I'm hoping to connect with some of you guys that have been down this road that I can bounce things off since I'm not plugged into the land cruiser community. Hoping to have it back from the sandblaster this week so I can start on rust repair, can any of you point me to thread on sheet metal work for FJ 40's? I've CCOT metal & will be doing the rear sill, quarters, fender wells, rockers, and door bottoms... lots of hood time in my near future!

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG

IMG_0867.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG

Looks like a great start.

Also, those roller tire things are awesome. What are they?
I appreciate it! I had to figure out how to get it in / out of the garage without using dollies & came up those. They're just 16" junkyard wheels I cut the bead flanges off & wrapped with 1/2" rubber so it wouldn't mess up the concrete or trailer... my buddies are trying to get me to do a burnout with 'em when it's finished haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom