77 fj40 2f resto (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, I’m looking for some help. We have a 1977 fj40 with a 2f engine in the shop. It came in already 75% disassembled and missing parts. I’m trying to figure some things out, like throttle linkages, vacuum routing and wiring. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

First are these throttle brackets(?) and where they belong

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Next are some open lines, mostly vacuum related I believe
1- intake manifold
2- valve cover near firewall
3- distributor cap
4- charcoal canister hard line, ends between brake booster and valve cover
5- charcoal canister hard line, ends in drivers fender

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

your first picture is a mounting point for the carb/throttle linkage to the gas pedal.
it mounts to the TWO bolts coming off the manifld. - BOTH DRIVERSIDE -same place where the CARB is mounted- use those two nnuts

your first picture is a mounting point for the carb/throttle linkage to the gas pedal.
it mounts to the TWO bolts coming off the manifld. - BOTH DRIVERSIDE -same place where the CARB is mounted- use those two nnuts
Thanks. Here’s what it looks like installed, I’m thinking there’s something missing

image.jpg

Look for the accelerator linkage parts below:
Zeb accelerator rod.JPG

The right end of the torque rod fits here:
Zack accelerator rod bracket.JPG

6th pic down - a short, j shaped hose fits between that valve cover outlet and an inlet on the air cleaner. The accelerator torque rod assembly links are NLA. I know of two Mud vendors who have used or refurbished sets.

Ok. What are the chances that comes with an air cleaner assembly, new or used assuming i can find one? (We don’t have that assembly) Or is it just rubber hose that I can cut to length?

The bend is too tight, you'll need a pre formed hose. I bought one for $16 from Cityracer in December. Is this 77 engine a
federal or California version?

The bend is too tight, you'll need a pre formed hose. I bought one for $16 from Cityracer in December. Is this 77 engine a
federal or California version?
It’s not the original engine, supposedly it’s an 80’s 2F. How would I tell if it’s federal or California?

Should be a sticker on underside of hood with a list of either Federal or California specifications.

If you're referring to my last photo, then yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom