77 fj40 2f resto (1 Viewer)

Hey, I’m looking for some help. We have a 1977 fj40 with a 2f engine in the shop. It came in already 75% disassembled and missing parts. I’m trying to figure some things out, like throttle linkages, vacuum routing and wiring. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

First are these throttle brackets(?) and where they belong

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Next are some open lines, mostly vacuum related I believe
1- intake manifold
2- valve cover near firewall
3- distributor cap
4- charcoal canister hard line, ends between brake booster and valve cover
5- charcoal canister hard line, ends in drivers fender

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

your first picture is a mounting point for the carb/throttle linkage to the gas pedal.
it mounts to the TWO bolts coming off the manifld. - BOTH DRIVERSIDE -same place where the CARB is mounted- use those two nnuts

your first picture is a mounting point for the carb/throttle linkage to the gas pedal.
it mounts to the TWO bolts coming off the manifld. - BOTH DRIVERSIDE -same place where the CARB is mounted- use those two nnuts
Thanks. Here’s what it looks like installed, I’m thinking there’s something missing

image.jpg

TheHardWay

Ain't as easy as it looks
SILVER Star
6th pic down - a short, j shaped hose fits between that valve cover outlet and an inlet on the air cleaner. The accelerator torque rod assembly links are NLA. I know of two Mud vendors who have used or refurbished sets.

Ok. What are the chances that comes with an air cleaner assembly, new or used assuming i can find one? (We don’t have that assembly) Or is it just rubber hose that I can cut to length?

TheHardWay

SILVER Star
The bend is too tight, you'll need a pre formed hose. I bought one for $16 from Cityracer in December. Is this 77 engine a
federal or California version?

TheHardWay

SILVER Star
Should be a sticker on underside of hood with a list of either Federal or California specifications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom