77 F40 Calipers-Photos Wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just purchased remanufactured front calipers today from Napa that are suppose to be Toyota oreiginal. I've looked all over them for TEQ or something else that would identify them. My originals are not here for me to reference. Does anyone have a close up side shot of factory markings or stamps?

I can also post a photo of the ones I bought and you all can tell me if they look like Toyota or not.

Thanks
Mark

You wont get original TEQ parts from Napa. You should get something that meets original specs, and standards, and fit properly like original. Parts I get from Napa seem to fit better, and are better quality than other parts stores.

Well thats a bummer because he told me this particular company used toyota remanufactured calipers.

Pics

Napa Calipers
P1020860.jpg
P1020861.jpg

Caliper

Looks like an original caliper to me.

S12 with the double mountain sign is Toyota. Think Mountain is sub supplier to Toyota and may be partly owned by them.

Thanks jb

You wont get original TEQ parts from Napa. You should get something that meets original specs, and standards, and fit properly like original. Parts I get from Napa seem to fit better, and are better quality than other parts stores.
I stand corrected...Nice to know if I need to replace mine!!

Do you have the pins with the threads on the end or with the holes for the wire clip?

The calipers came semi loaded. It had the pins and springs. I don't know if the pins are threaded or not.

OEM 1977 example
DSCF0195.JPG
DSCF0194.JPG

Looks like I got the real deal from Napa. What pad do you guys generally run on the front? Has anyone had better luck with one over another?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom