77/73 Fj40 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Putting a little motivation out there for you guys with dead builds going on in your garages.

I am putting the first cruiser I have ever bought together this winter.

I bought it from a towing company in Williamsburg, they towed it off I-80 with a rod thrown out the side of the block.

It was a Colorado truck the girl drove it to college at U of I. This trip it didn't make it.

I sold a running CJ-5 to buy this non-running FJ40 and haven't looked back.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Can't wait! I'm in heavy looking mode right now for a forty, would really like to get my hands on the mustard one that Zang has.

Found my factory color I will be using.

I had this color in mind and I couldn't remember why I liked that so much, then Googleing the color code of different FJ40's with this color I saw Greg's 78 he used to own.

After digging I found this picture I had took of it.

Dune Beige.jpg

:cheers:

Dune Beige.jpg

When the 68 spun a bearing I got some beer and friends then swapped bodies.

IMG_1438.jpg

Here is the hard top donor.

DSC02147.jpg

The 73 when I was going to build it up.

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

DSC02147.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to this build.

Found some brand new fenders on CL, the guy tore down an old Toyota Dealership and found these in the basement. All I needed was the left and he had two of them. So I bought both.

Then when changing color everything gets stripped of the old color.

IMG_20131124_085044892.jpg

IMG_20131124_085044892.jpg

Just got this in the mail. Does anyone know where it goes on a Cruiser. This is one of the rarest Cruiser parts I know. Now I own it thanks to Cali Rob for hunting it down for me.

May of 1973 Build 027.JPG

Sand Blasted most of the tub in my garage. What a mess!

May of 1973 Build 013.JPG

Light goes just to the right of the glove box. It is a Soft top map light. This cruiser must have been in the middle of model change. Map light in dash and holes for soft door eye bolts but no threaded holes in cowl.
May of 1973 Build 020.JPG

Looking good Brent !

More painting getting done. I decided that I need to get some parts off of my shelves so I have been installing them now that the interior paint is completed.

CameraZOOM-20140614113301334.jpg

CameraZOOM-20140623055800274.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom