For Sale '77 2F, two Toyota 4 speed transmissions, and V8 adapter to Toyota 4 speed (plate adapter), west TN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lifelong in Tenn., before you sell those 4 speed trannies, remove the front bearing retainer from the tranny that was mated to the Downey bellhousing adapter. Why; because when you and I come to some agreement on the price of the Downey adapter, I will need that bearing retainer with the adapter, it was custom machined to work with that bellhousing, and as I recall, was turned down to take a Chevy T.O. bearing.
Jim, do you have to use a turned down bearing retainer for a chevy T.O. bearing or can you just use a toyota T.O. bearing? Asking because I have a couple of those plates in my mini hoard and I thought I was good to go with a chevy bellhousing and then an 11" clutch. Set me straight buddy, I just read this and got confused! Thanks -Matt

The T.O. bearing is not an issue, you can use a stock 3 speed, 4 speed, or Chevy bearing with my Chevota clutch. The issue is we machined down the wall thickness of the lower portion of the 4 speed bearing retainer so that it wouldn't hit the bellhousing (the cup of the bearing retainer over the lower bearing). If any of your 4 speed bearing retainers clears the lower portion of the Downey bellhousing (when fully installed), then you can just use the T.O. bearing that fits that particular retainer tube- - -easy deal.

The T.O. bearing is not an issue, you can use a stock 3 speed, 4 speed, or Chevy bearing with my Chevota clutch. The issue is we machined down the wall thickness of the lower portion of the 4 speed bearing retainer so that it wouldn't hit the bellhousing (the cup of the bearing retainer over the lower bearing). If any of your 4 speed bearing retainers clears the lower portion of the Downey bellhousing (when fully installed), then you can just use the T.O. bearing that fits that particular retainer tube- - -easy deal.
Oh, ok, thanks for clarifying that for me.

I have a running 2F out of a '77 FJ55 for sale and two 4 speed transmissions. The 2F is complete (carb, distributor, intake, alternator, ....) and was running well according to the PO. The engine has 112,500 miles on it. One 4 speed tranny is mated to the 2F, so I have everything (bellhousing, clutch, ...). The other 4 speed came out of a 350 V8 '76 FJ40 and was operating fine. I also have the Chevy V8 to Toyota 4 speed plate adapter (mated to a Chevy cast iron bellhousing), clutch, and pressure plate for sale. This adapter is the old Downey 5/8" thick plate adapter and is a great way to easily mate up a Chevy V8. I can send pics to whomever may be interested.

In terms of price: Complete 2F = $900, transmissions + clutch parts = $150 each, plate adapter = $250

Parts are located in Jackson, TN, which is on I40 about half way between Memphis and Nashville.
No chance you still have V8 to 4speed I know the answer but I had to ask sometimes miracles do happen

I have a running 2F out of a '77 FJ55 for sale and two 4 speed transmissions. The 2F is complete (carb, distributor, intake, alternator, ....) and was running well according to the PO. The engine has 112,500 miles on it. One 4 speed tranny is mated to the 2F, so I have everything (bellhousing, clutch, ...). The other 4 speed came out of a 350 V8 '76 FJ40 and was operating fine. I also have the Chevy V8 to Toyota 4 speed plate adapter (mated to a Chevy cast iron bellhousing), clutch, and pressure plate for sale. This adapter is the old Downey 5/8" thick plate adapter and is a great way to easily mate up a Chevy V8. I can send pics to whomever may be interested.

In terms of price: Complete 2F = $900, transmissions + clutch parts = $150 each, plate adapter = $250

Parts are located in Jackson, TN, which is on I40 about half way between Memphis and Nashville.
Send me pics of bellhousing please I want to see what kind of Bill housing to use put the plate behind it to make my own setup instead of buying conversion kit please if you still have pics

Kiley7483, You'll need a cnc milling machine in order to correlate center of crank shaft with center of transmission (i.e. dowl pins on GM bellhousing with dowl pins you machine into the plate for transmission dowl pin alignment)

Yeah, I sold the plate adapter. Sorry. Downey did a great job designing that adapter. It would be very difficult to produce another that worked without their measurements.

I’m interested in the 2f motor and 4speed transmission but I would need it to be shipped?? I’m in Washington state

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom