77 2f carb adjustments (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve read the faq’s and searched but am not finding a carb that looks like my “stock” carb. I’m just the 2nd owner and as far as I can tell the original owner only did oil changes and an occasional brake job.

has anyone seen the idle adjustment screw placed horizontal? It makes it so I can’t adjust the carb without a right angle screwdriver and my knuckles up against the manifold. Ouch.

second to that, I’ve got an analog dwell meter and a digital multi meter that are both reading an idle RPM of 180. Never seen that before. She runs great but I just brought it down from altitude to sea level and would like to tune it. I just do the Distributor, points, timing, plugs and the carb is last on tune up list. Thanks!

086C2876-248B-4F0E-A201-6395640BB43C.jpeg

F8B5A9D5-255E-4B2A-B398-86EAFEACECCD.jpeg

34E4F19A-0507-43D6-8857-5D6D2AC9C48B.jpeg

Also, neither my idle screw nor my choke idle screw are actually in contact with the stops...

I will take pics later today of my carb on my 8/77 build. it is the original. There is definitely stuff not right there.

Thx. I’ll take a pic of the whole carb later this am. I looked it up on SOR and it’s really close but different linkage and these weird screw placements.

my issue is I can’t adjust the rpms because none of the adjustment screws are in contact with their stops. It’s running rich. If I back out themixture screw the rpms go through the roof and I can’t back it down with the adjustment screw.... it’s like the throttle is open without me hitting the gas pedal.

here’s what it’s supposed to look like. Mines a 4/77 “federal”

DDAEA3C8-4474-4C1F-8711-E51645F5DA1C.png

If you could grab a pic of the vacuum assembly for your secondary it would be great. Mine looks to be just slightly stuck open and I think the Spring/linkage is a little wonky. It looks like it’s hitting the heat shield!?!?

I would say your linkages look goofy. I would pull that carb and grab a rebuild kit watch the pin_head rebuild video on the youtubes and get that puppy setup.

Sorry got home late -- our busy season I will get up early and get some pics of areas requested, but I can tell you without looking I do not have a vacuum line that is that high on the air horn of the carburetor. Yours may be high altitude model or california. Pics n the morning.

I think this is approaching a foregone conclusion. I need to get a rebuilt original. Any suggestions on where/who? I need it ASAP!

Marks off road for a carb When it gets light and a little warmer I will take pics While waiting I am trying to find a diagram/picture of a 77 carb. Found it! look at the SOR pic for a california spec 77 carb you will see the vacuum line coming form near top of carb. however you "Federal" Vacuum Switching valves like mine. What month is your 77 quite a few changes in 9/77 yours could be a transition and/or someone could have flipped the idle speed bracket when rebuilding it?

I’m 4/77. The idle speed screw being horizontal is what’s really strange to me. It’s cast so there’s no screwing it up on a rebuild. Makes me wonder where this thing came from.

Yeah not sure. Sorry for poor qualityof pics heat shield has cut out to allow movement of secondary your set up is close to mine and after looking at Haynes manual emisions manual you actually look like a high altitude carb adapted to Federal emissions setup
IMG_0354[1].JPG
IMG_0355[1].JPG

That is not a Landcruiser carburetor. Period. That ICS was only used on a mechanical secondary carb.

Looks like your the man in this particular arena. Got one for my 4/77 40? What’s the best way for me to go about buying?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom