76 parts ????????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy, I have a lead on a 76 and was wondering what parts would be compatible with my 69. I know some of the lights are different, but will the doors, gate, seats, hood, and fenders be the same? Also, it doesn't have a motor, in it but there is a three speed sitting in the back. if its a 76 3 spd, It should bolt right in right? Last ???, it has a power steering gear in it still, is it easier to use that one or get the mini truck steering box?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any info that you have.

Dan

Let me see if I can help any on this one. All the body stuff should be the same, I think. I dont think the 76 was a 3 spd so the tranny would be earlier, but that 3 spd would bolt to your f engine fine. All I know about power steering is I am getting all the power steering from a 60 and putting it into my pig. I would imagine if you can get all the toyota components that would be the easiest since you wouldnt have to fab a bunch of stuff up. Any conversion will require buying or making some stuff.

I know someone north of the border that would take some of the spare parts too!

My daughter is in Cranbrook and may need a few cosmetic FJ55 specific parts.

The front doors aren't the same at the windows - you can swap your early upper vent frames into them to make them work though. Hoods are different, but you can make some money if it's in good shape ... lots of people looking for the raised hoods for 2F conversions. That disk axle will be a nice addition to your '69 though ... better birfs as well ...

:cheers:

Tucker

Cool, it looked like most of it would swap over, I may pick up the whole thing, (depending on how proud of it he is) and sell what I don't need.
thanks for the help,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom