76 JF40 Blinker Assembly Wiring Help Needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm replacing my blinker assembly and I can't locate a female connection to the single male connector seen in the following photo. When I took my old assembly off, the male connector was not attached to anything under the dash. Should there be a female connection under the dash for a 76? FJ40 ran fine with old blinker assembly and I'm not sure what this is for. Thanks for your time and help.

Paul :banana:

I just went out and looked at my '76 FJ40. As far as I know everything electrical works, and the single male connector is just hanging there disconnected, just like in your photo. Now I'm curious - I'll have to take a look at a wiring diagram to figure it out.

4Cruisers - Thanks for the reply. Please let me know if you find something in the wiring diagram.

Have you looked at wyos giant photo of a 76 harness with all the plugs referenced and numbered, look up the number on the table and id it

Have you looked at wyos giant photo of a 76 harness with all the plugs referenced and numbered, look up the number on the table and id it
That's great information - I've referred to it a couple of times.

That wire is a hold over from the 69 to early 74 FJ40 turn signal/brake setup. That GW wire comes from the brake switch. On the earlier trucks, it went to the turn signal switch which then passed the current through the switch to both the brake/turn bulbs. When Toyota changed to the three way lights in 74 this was no longer needed as the brakes had their own bulb. So leaving it hanging is correct!

Coolerman - thanks for the response. I have the wire isolated and put electrical tape around it for my on sanity. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom