‘76 FJ40 in AZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve read the buying guide in the FAQs which was a huge help. Been looking for an FJ40 as a weekend joy rider for a while. Wife as a Land Cruiser Widow would not be a problem as she is all in!

Was hoping to get opinions on condition and price for this one from the pros?

Thanks, guys!

Hi, I like the fact that it has maintainance records. Mike

For as nice as the paint and body look, the undercarriage looks like crap.

Good looking rig overall though.

For as nice as the paint and body look, the undercarriage looks like crap.

Good looking rig overall though.

Thanks. I noticed that too, is that something that you fee indicates any larger issues? Do you feel this price is just a touch high as a result?

also forgot to mention that I am not a fan of that armor, definitely prefer the stock bumpers but current owner has them and willing to change them back.

Skid plate missing. Muffler relocated to the pre 75 location. Tailpipe routed out the driver's side. This is a 4/76 production which had three point seat belts already. Those were either moved to the roll bar or replaced. Appears to have emissions removed.

Thanks. I noticed that too, is that something that you fee indicates any larger issues? Do you feel this price is just a touch high as a result?

also forgot to mention that I am not a fan of that armor, definitely prefer the stock bumpers but current owner has them and willing to change them back.
In my opinion it is probably priced s little high based on what I see of the mechanical portion.

The front and rear bumpers look to be older 4plus items, pretty sought after stuff. I have both just as that one does.

My issue with the rig is it's all shiny to the eye test, but underneath looks like it's been outright neglected.

Not saying it's a bad rig at all, but I'll never buy a shiny one again.

From the pics it comes across as a nice cruiser but that’s a lot of coin. Ask for some hi res pics of the entire bed, floor pans, rear sill, the bottom of the hood. As others mentioned the undercarrriage doesn’t look up to snuff to the exterior. Under the Fenders seem really dirty unless that’s bed liner or something. The front frame below the radiator looks like it has paint runs ( maybe fluid?). The frame also looks like it has a little rust which I would be really surprised if it’s been in Az for the majority of the time. In Az given the condition of the exterior the frame should be dusty and that’s about it. Find out how long it was in Az and California. I bought a cruiser that was from Az then went to North Carolina and then Ontario and it has no pitting or rust. Given the price though I would definitely need to see this thing up close. Good luck

One sold for 29,000.00 on ebay.

One sold for 29,000.00 on ebay.

That’s amazing that it fetched $29k with a diamond plate rear floor. Wow.

How has no one mentioned that the bezel is UPSIDE DOWN! Lol

Looks clean but could be a cheap respray before the sale.

For that kind of money I’d want I’d want original or a very well done paint job.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! So we’ve established that the price is on the high side, what is a fair price for this condition these days? Seems like this is somewhere above Good on the Hagerty scale but not Excellent and Hagerty is listing Excellent at 40k.
Thanks again, such a helpful forum.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! So we’ve established that the price is on the high side, what is a fair price for this condition these days? Seems like this is somewhere above Good on the Hagerty scale but not Excellent and Hagerty is listing Excellent at 40k.
Thanks again, such a helpful forum.

Excellent is a combination of what Hagerty says and, also the buyer. I believe if this FJ40 went a different type auction, the owner may very well get the asking price. It is the prerogative of the owner to accept anything lower. It looks real good from what I see.

I think you could do a hell a lot worse!! Go check it out...then report back here😉. If you don’t know what you’re looking at or for, find someone to tag along that does. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom