76 Driveline Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

Havent posted in a long long time, but just picked up a driveline and am planning a swap. I must be blind cause I cant find the search function. My 2F is tired and I wasnt keen to do a full rebuild. I found a working 2F with 4 spd and transfer as one unit for a reasonable price and once I confirm all works as it should will sell my old drivetrain to recoup funds and avoid becoming a hoarder. I've never tackled anything this large yet and loading the unit into the Tundra with a scabby cherry picker was a back breaking endeavor.

I'd love any tips advice as I get started. I have a Toyota tech who may be able to help a little but I'm mostly going to be on my own. Worst case I'll bring it to an aquaintances (which if I had time would be my first choice but family life dictates otherwise).

Ih8mud search.JPG
Ih8mud search.JPG

thanks

Get a load leveler and hoist that is up for the job.
Take pics, bag and label every bolt you remove.
Pull/install the engine/trans/tc as a unit.
Address any leaks on the unit before it goes in and install new clutch kit and rear main seal.

Remove the heater control valve from the firewall. Probably, don't do the gear boxes with the engine install. Load leveler for load tilting. Remove the driver motor mount bellhousing tab, and install it before you finally set the bolts down. Grade 5 or 8, 1/2-20 are akin to the 13mm bolts for the rear motor mounts.

engine pull.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom