75 Troopy with no back windows? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
G'day all, I wanted to inquire what is this 75 Troopy model called that has no back windows, neither on the sides nor in the back doors. I haven't seen many. Attached is a reference pic and with link. Also attaching image below - hope it works.

Is it more desirable in the US compared to the regular troopies with windows or less desirable? And why?

What would be your application for this style of 75 series?

9c079eb4811fd8f231986c30341431b4.jpg

Looks like just a commercial variant. I'd imagine I'd more desirable in Europe with their green zones. In America I'd imagine it's user preference.

What's the green zone and why would this be more desirable there?

I am wondering if this model will work better for people who are setting up their rigs for over-landing application ?? Any other ideas??

It makes them a little more secure. In some countries, covering up the rear windows and removing any rear seats makes them easier/cheaper to import because it can be classified as a commercial vehicle. I don't think you can buy them like that from Toyota.

Maybe a converted ambulance model?

Closer inspection of the photo looks like the panels are retrofitted. It's also got euro tags.

Green zones are areas around big cities that disallow certain vehicles from entering during peak travel times. Usually commercial vehicles are exempt.

There are pros and cons to having panels. It's usually driver/owner preference. Personally I like windows with tint.

Hello,

Side panels look retrofitted to me; it appears they can be removed. Maybe not a good idea, though.

This Troopie looks like an overland vehicle.

As mentioned above, covered side windows indicate commercial vehicle, at least to European regulators. Less taxes to be paid, more access to green zones.

To some users, covered/deleted side panels are better because they secure the interior against prying eyes.

Regardless of the panels, a floating rear axle makes it desirable in my book.

By the looks of it, its is probably a European spec BJ75 or HJ75. The exhaust has been modified. An engine swap? A turbo?

Juan

Great feedback.

Being 'more secure' in the back to keep away prying eyes makes sense.

Besides camper applications just wondering what could be some other applications of this platform.

So I guess it may not be any less desirable than the regular models with windows as long as it is in good condition otherwise????

I am pretty sure all the did was follow the lines on the troopy and fill the window section with a pannel. If you look closely you can see a thin line on the front of the yellow troopy where the sloping by the door meets the flat part. You can see the lines by the window on this picture
P1161058.JPG
Attachment-1 (3).png

You can probably get that panel riveted or even have a way of being able to put it on and take it off with some custom attachments from the inside sense the windows would still be there and you could access the back side

I am pretty sure all the did was follow the lines on the troopy and fill the window section with a pannel. If you look closely you can see a thin line on the front of the yellow troopy where the sloping by the door meets the flat part. You can see the lines by the window on this picture
View attachment 1394070 View attachment 1394072
You can probably get that panel riveted or even have a way of being able to put it on and take it off with some custom attachments from the inside sense the windows would still be there and you could access the back side

I like the windows so you can reach into the back without climbing inside. I keep the beers near the rear window ,drivers side.
If you don't like people looking in there, you can add curtains or black the windows. I don't think they do much for security as you have glass elsewhere.
If I lock my keys in the car, I can get in there in 5-10 mins using the glow from my phone as a light.

looks like its RHD. hard to tell with all the crap on the dash... but its got german tags and a ".de" website banner.

LHD and German,if the front grill is the OEM one it is a BJ75.....but who knows what engine it has now or they might had the grill replaced with a lower value model one to keep certain individuals away from it,people that cross many border towns prefer to make there rides look "cheap" ;)

LHD, you can tell by the windscreen wiper swing. It has no side markers, so it is probably an older BJ75

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom