75 Series - Terrain Tamer Parabolic Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Several months back I came across this post from a reputable fellow in an Australian Troopy Facebook Page about Terrain Tamer releasing parabolic springs for the 75 series Troopy and Ute. For me personally (and please if anybody has any personal experience with parabolics I'd love to get feedback on this as well) the softer ride of the parabolic springs and the much lighter leaf packs seem like the best type of suspension for a leaf sprung truck that is personally 90% used for leisure with minimal weight in the truck (I'm not shoving gravel or 8 miners in the back of my Troopy).
Screenshot 2020-07-21 19.11.17.png

Got talking with the guy, and i've been going back and worth with him for some time, and placed a deposit for a set myself for whenever they are manufactured. I figured I would let the MUD-public know, and to see if anybody else is interested in a set near the West Coast. Shipping is probably not going to be super cheap, and if anybody else wants some and share the burden of shipping, let me know. The deposit is $500AUD, appx. $360USD, and the total cost is TBD but I imagine it to be comparable to your standard suspension lift kit plus a donor organ of choice for shipping. Also, the actual date that they will be made is TBD. On the phone with the guy today, he said that they're testing and evaluating a more refined 2nd version of the leafs, and after 8 weeks, if TT is satisfied with the test, then that will be when they begin the first batch.

Let me guess, you've been talking to Simon? hahaha

I am going down the road of parabolic springs myself in the future. A lot of people rate them very highly that have them on their troopy. There's a video that I saved of a fella having parabolics on his hzj75 and the amount of articulation it gets is insane compared to regular leafs.

I went to a local TT dealer and got recommended to pay them a visit fully loaded (everything you roughly plan to take when going on trips) for them to see at what kg rating leaf to install. Of course that will be a different case for you but not a bad idea to get a baseline of how much you're planning to carry on a regular basis and go from there.

Dutchy4x4, yes, Simon-actual.

Yeah, every time I asked someone from down under on what kind of suspension they recommend - every. single. time. there's a resounding "parabolics" that follow. I do recall the video I think you're talking about, and the performance gain just seems too good to be true. Simon did recommend I weigh my truck, but as I mentioned before, I hate weight (part of why I also like the parabolics), and I really only have a front and rear bar to account for.

Yeah good stuff.

It'll be interesting to see how they go articulation and weight wise.

Though I have many things to do before I even touch the suspension I am definitely going the parabolic route.

Any update or indication how it turned out ? What rating are your rear springs ?
Currently trying to figure out air freight/sea freight from AUS to USA

I ordered a set through Cruiser Brothers. Next TT batch supposed to be out in April. They came up with two shipping quotes, fast and slow. I went with fast since who knows how long slow will take.
Oh for real? I thought they weren’t shipping any springs at all?

I ordered a set through Cruiser Brothers. Next TT batch supposed to be out in April. They came up with two shipping quotes, fast and slow. I went with fast since who knows how long slow will take.
How long ago did you place your order? I spoke to Georg recently and he said they arent selling those right now because of shipping costs.

kicking this one up from the dead.... anyone been able to source these yet?

Or just go with Dobinson's parabolics which i assume must be pretty good. They have an HQ in Florida. I had TT parabolics shipped to Miami then forwarded down to Panama for my troopy. Honestly I don't feel much difference in the ride on paved roads (I was hoping for a bit more give). But once you hit really bad trails the point is made. Much better articulation and traction. I did the front, too, and so cornering on twisty mountain paved roads is much improved, the vehicle stays much more level.

Or just go with Dobinson's parabolics which i assume must be pretty good. They have an HQ in Florida. I had TT parabolics shipped to Miami then forwarded down to Panama for my troopy. Honestly I don't feel much difference in the ride on paved roads (I was hoping for a bit more give). But once you hit really bad trails the point is made. Much better articulation and traction. I did the front, too, and so cornering on twisty mountain paved roads is much improved, the vehicle stays much more level.
Did you fit the 500kg rear springs or are the 700kg now also available for the75 series Troopy ?

Did you fit the 500kg rear springs or are the 700kg now also available for the75 series Troopy ?
they gave me the 500-700 kg springs, in other words there are four leafs instead of three. the guy said it would give me the same ride but be more stable. i don't know about that... i'd said my troopy was light, no tons of camping gear, just a family and work vehicle. but they still sold me front suspension components for bull bar and winch weight (didn't have either at the time, now just have the bull bar). so i'm quite over sprung. just be very careful which parts they're selling you. i didn't know enough to do my due diligence at the time. oh, and the poly bushings squeak like crazy. that would've been good info to have, as well.

this is viable too but cant find a part number on their site for a 75 series. Might have to call them

My experience with the parabolic springs so far have been mostly disappointing. I think I only noticed a slight improvement when fully loaded driving hwy speeds. Off road no improvements. Spending this winter thinking about a replacement shock to use that hopefully will help. I got the 0-300kg front and rear set. Also, most of the zerk fittings leak, haven’t gotten around to trying some other ones I can source locally. TT did replace the rear shocks that had given out pretty fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom