75 Series Seats into my HJ47... is it possible? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys.

New Member, sorry if my questions already been answered, I tried searching but couldn’t find an answer to my question strangely.

I have a 1984 HJ47 Troop Carrier. RHD with fuel tank under the car. ( I have attached a photo to show the layout of the floor under the seat area )

I’m wanting to know what’s involved to get a set of 75 series seats to fit. Or if it’s even possible?

specifically driver single and a passenger bench.

the original seats are desperately in need of re-upholstery, which I will do, I’m just thinking as an interim solution for financial reasons.

thanks in advance for any help.

2395AD09-8E91-41B6-8238-126FCFF121BE.jpeg

Last edited:
Good question mate!
One could, perhaps, further ask about seats/bench from the current 78/79-Series too: they pop up in Cruiser sites, often in brand new condition, from people who for several reasons they don't need them...

Good question mate!
One could, perhaps, further ask about seats/bench from the current 78/79-Series too: they pop up in Cruiser sites, often in brand new condition, from people who for several reasons they don't need them...
Definitely! Would be very keen to know if the 78 and 79 series seats could be made to fit, so far it doesn’t seem as though anyone has an answer for me though.

I've asked in a German site too (fewer trucks and chances though). As soon as I will get an answer, I will respond to you!

If you have the ability to make brackets or modify existing ones, anything is possible. Are you looking for direct bolt-in stuff?

If you have the ability to make brackets or modify existing ones, anything is possible. Are you looking for direct bolt-in stuff?
Perfectly happy to fab up some adapter plates. I guess I just need to know if the size of each seat is similar enough that it would work?

I have some Fj40 front seats, (79 thru 84) they bolt up. I like the front buckets so passengers can get to the rear seats. The rears are actually lhd 70 series 40/60 bench. These will fit up front( can’t remember if they bolt up, but is an easy fix .

3FF92FB8-D3CF-4581-8FEC-1DBC5A01D8EC.png

AAAF2125-C984-42EE-96B7-FF94C3CF7A7C.png

So far I did some research, although incomplete, and spotted some cases where 70-Series seats have been succesfully used in 40-Series trucks:
-LJ70 seats in a BJ42 (nice brown-beige upholstery with the turbo badge on it!)
-The newer HZJ78 Troopie seats in a BJ46.
The source, in both cases, doesn't mention if some fab has been needed. Furthermore, the pics are really small in this French specialized magazine (UNIVERS TOY' Mag, volumes 21-22/2013 respectively).
However, it seems to me that "...the size of each seat is similar enough that it would work" as you put it mate.

Univers Toy' Mag, vol. 21-2013, p.p. 50-51.JPG

Univers Toy' Mag, vol. 22-2013, p.p. 48-49.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom