‘75 Fj40 wire harness ID help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, hope you are all enjoying your weekend. I was hoping some of the 40 series experts could help identify some of the wires on my ‘75 chopped up wiring harness. The previous owner cut up the harness either for fun or to make a Weber Carb and aftermarket distributor work on the bad motor that was in it when purchased. A replacement 2f engine came with the sale of my Fj40 that has OEM Carb and distributor. As of last night, that new replacement 2f is now in my 40!!
I’m hoping someone can easily ID a few wires and plugs near the Carburetor and just above the battery tray. The first photo is on top of the engine. Only one wire from the photo was used on the old engine setup, it was tagged and labeled as the temp sender plug. Curious what the two other wires on the same line are for and the two others coming off the carb go to?
D96D563F-0CAB-41E0-A388-602E2D00D4C5.jpeg

the second pic is just above the battery tray. This area has been cut up pretty bad by the PO. Can anyone tell me what that black and yellow wire originally went to (it has some long random red wire spliced to it just dangling)? Also what is the green plug that is cut supposed to go to? Lastly, the OEM distributor has some wire plug hanging off it, but nothing on the existing wire harness close to it to plug in to. Maybe some of these wires that have been cut?
7DCD3B47-5E60-467D-8094-1974BC31C87F.jpeg

Any ID help would be very appreciated!!! Thanks~

Hello everyone, hope you are all enjoying your weekend. I was hoping some of the 40 series experts could help identify some of the wires on my ‘75 chopped up wiring harness. The previous owner cut up the harness either for fun or to make a Weber Carb and aftermarket distributor work on the bad motor that was in it when purchased. A replacement 2f engine came with the sale of my Fj40 that has OEM Carb and distributor. As of last night, that new replacement 2f is now in my 40!!
I’m hoping someone can easily ID a few wires and plugs near the Carburetor and just above the battery tray. The first photo is on top of the engine. Only one wire from the photo was used on the old engine setup, it was tagged and labeled as the temp sender plug. Curious what the two other wires on the same line are for and the two others coming off the carb go to?
View attachment 2753559

the second pic is just above the battery tray. This area has been cut up pretty bad by the PO. Can anyone tell me what that black and yellow wire originally went to (it has some long random red wire spliced to it just dangling)? Also what is the green plug that is cut supposed to go to? Lastly, the OEM distributor has some wire plug hanging off it, but nothing on the existing wire harness close to it to plug in to. Maybe some of these wires that have been cut?
View attachment 2753560
Any ID help would be very appreciated!!! Thanks~

Hello Jen

i can ID all of this for you ..........

give me a few minutes to make some screen shots .

matt

that carb you have is a 9/77-1/79 Federal or California unit i think ?

in fact i would bet money on it .........

1629162239211.png

1629162263119.png

Those 2 green connectors route to those clips on the outboard side is your carburetor. So there should be 2 green connectors there too.

Bump! Someone must know. #2 don't look stock...
Thanks for the bump, I thought all was lost after 8 days of no responses!

ok

youe 2nd photo

where does the SOLID red wire go to that is twisted to the black w/ yellow tracer stripe ?

Black w/ yellow tracer is ALWAYS KEY ON Ignition topics ...........

so im close

let me know

thanks JEN

also ............

Please PM me

Erin my wife and i have started a Special
" Female Owner Operators Club discount program " full time at our online store , please feel free to sign up

NO COST involved

thanks matt :)

(1).png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom