75 FJ40 restofication update (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, its been way too long since I gave an update. This is probably because its been way too long since the guy I had helping me did any work. I left a full shop in GA for grad school in CO. So, in CO with no shop and little money and bad help has made this process "fun." I'm hoping to have some pictures soon; I currently have new rear quarter panels installed, new wheel wells, new rear sill, patched hole where PO recessed an 8274 in the bed. This is where my help started FUBARing some stuff. I think he realized his time/$ estimate in helping were a bit underestimated and rather than sucking it up and being a man of his word, he bailed. I'm glad he quit when he did though, rather than doing more sub-par work. Anyway, I'm getting new front fenders hung and new rocker panels currently. And, then, cross my fingers, paint and the nitty gritty to get it back on the road again. Hopefully some pics soon. Y'all have a good one.

Ryan

Whose new/replacement rear quarters did you use?

Steve (Colo Springs)

Don't give up on the project. I've been on mine since 2007. Get us some pics when you get a chance.

I got the quarter panels and fenders from cool cruisers of Texas.
Thanks for the encouragement; I need it after the fiasco with my original helper. I told myself I wouldn't make this a life long project but IMm learning to make more realistic vows :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom