75 FJ40 needs some work...any recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.ortiz-myers.com
My 75 FJ40 started slowly being resurrected 3-4 years ago when CreeperSleeper graciously replaced the motor and got my old rig running. I then dropped it off at a shop to do power steering, and to rewire the entire rig.

They went out of business in the fall of 2017...and the project was partially complete. I then found an independent guy to do some work and try and finish it. Well he just lost his lease...and the FJ is still in a rough state. Looking for someone to do a transmission swap, and potentially some final electrical. Any recommendations?

What transmission are you wanting swapped in, and what drivetrain do you have currently? What's the scope of the electrical work you want done?

Current is factory 4-speed, and I want to swap in H55F with split case transfer case. It has the FJ60 top plate. I'm fine cutting hole or removing hump as the body will have to be fixed down the road. Also find with losing parking brake.

I know I will have to have new driveshafts made up post swap.

Regarding electrical, the engine harness and rear tail light harness are all complete for the Painless wiring swap.

Basically need the interior/dash wiring checked/shortened/loomed. So windshield wipers, heater fan, stereo, dome light, dash lights etc.

Current is factory 4-speed, and I want to swap in H55F with split case transfer case. It has the FJ60 top plate. I'm fine cutting hole or removing hump as the body will have to be fixed down the road. Also find with losing parking brake.

I know I will have to have new driveshafts made up post swap.

Regarding electrical, the engine harness and rear tail light harness are all complete for the Painless wiring swap.

Basically need the interior/dash wiring checked/shortened/loomed. So windshield wipers, heater fan, stereo, dome light, dash lights etc.
Have you thought of using Landcruisers NW? They do great work, and I'm thinking Tony could have your truck wrapped up pretty quick based off your description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom