75 fj40 help ID connector under dash near fuse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone please help me ID these 2 connectors near fuse box under dash. 75 FJ40.
Thank you
20221119_191545.jpg

Are they both for you headlight switch? The bulb(one with spring) would twist into the backside and the other would plug into the switch pigtail. When pulled out, the light bulb would illuminate the switch.

Are they both for you headlight switch? The bulb(one with spring) would twist into the backside and the other would plug into the switch pigtail. When pulled out, the light bulb would illuminate the switch.
Makes sense for the round one. But the headlights work well so the square one is not to headlights. No reverse light though. And no guage light (but gauges work(

The bulb one was for the EGR/service lamp.
The rectangular one looks like the harness end that goes to the turn signal dimmer switch.
The answer lies in the wire markings and wiring diagram.

does the other go to some emission box? I see the one box on the firewall, but that has a different plug than lights.

does the other go to some emission box? I see the one box on the firewall, but that has a different plug than lights.
Are you saying there should be an emission box on firewall near fuse box under dash? Definitely not lights or signals as all of those work well. Even dimmer works.

There is an open connector for an 'emission inspection' in the diagram, seven wires. I might have that connector tucked up higher, on mine, so it isn't visible?

Are you saying there should be an emission box on firewall near fuse box under dash? Definitely not lights or signals as all of those work well. Even dimmer works.
I would have said the emission control box, but I see that there on the firewall. GW and GB are brake and turn signal wires...and WB is ground. Plug looks like a hazard plug, but have also seen that on emission components. Looking at Coolerman's diagrams closer I would say trailer socket plug - never seen that before. can you see the colors of the rest of the wires?
1668964245925.png

There is an open connector for an 'emission inspection' in the diagram, seven wires. I might have that connector tucked up higher, on mine, so it isn't visible?
Yes 7 wires. Here is a better picture.. so this is open connector and goes to nothing? Ah I see now. It say "inspection connector". So problem solved right?

20221120_091129.jpg

16689645970301453079964833204951.jpg

I would go with inspection connector based on that diagram and BY wire I see now in your picture. I can kinda see the LO wire in the first picture now.
I wouldn't worry about it, it hasn't been plugged in based on the picture and how dirty it is. I have traced lots of wires lately and have found things I never knew existed.

Another diagram showing it too...
1668966884298.png

Confirming the connector is the Emissions Inspection Port on a 1975 stock wiring harness (blue arrow) The green arrow is the light switch bulb socket. Down there is also the Emissions Computer Connector (red arrow) The emissions computer does not need to be connected if you are desmogged. It will not interfere with the main cowl harness operation.
2039CF39-B010-4FDD-BAA3-D796DFC92022.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom