'74 Front Turn Signal Assembly Gasket - Source (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SOR - NO
Cool Cruisers - NO
EBAY - NO
CityRacerLLC - NO
CruiserCorp - NO

Anyone know a source? Ever fabricated one? Do I gotta buy a whole assembly? I can piece (kinda) the rotted gasket back together but probably should have asked this question before I pulled the lens

1673992335859.png

I remember having trouble finding these when I went to take mine apart but found a site that listed them haven't ordered them tho as mine luckily were okay when I pulled them somehow (50 years wow)

The site is called lakelandtoyota. Like I said idk if they are any good or the sites reputation but its where I had found some

I think the part number for that is Toyota 81512-60140. Unfortunately shows discontinued by Toyota for the gasket only
2DC30F6A-F9A4-4F1C-B1F6-CCD5895077DD.jpeg

Are current signal assemblies for sale coming with gaskets? Are the NOS or aftermarket? If so, someone is making them…

Are current signal assemblies for sale coming with gaskets? Are the NOS or aftermarket? If so, someone is making them…
I purchased a new set of light assemblies last year from TPD. They had the gaskets in them. I agree that someone is producing them for toyota, but toyota only sells them as part of the whole assembly as far as i know.

i don't know about all that rabble jazz ?

but my KUSTOM KOITo LED 's ones kit sure does come with OEM genuine toyota parts gaskets ....

(1.2).jpg

DSCN6790_2048x.jpg

DSCN6785_2048x.jpg

DSCN4592_2048x.jpg

1674012894237.png

Last edited:
i don't know about all that rabble jazz ?

but my KUSTOM KOITo LED 's ones kit sure does come with OEM genuine toyota parts gaskets ....

DSCN6790_2048x.jpg

View attachment 3222527

DSCN6785_2048x.jpg

DSCN4599_2048x.jpg

DSCN4592_2048x.jpg
Do they need resistors to keep from blinking really fast when you initiate them.

Toyota So. Atlanta lists this as available--call them and order--will prob be there in a few days--

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 00-11-44 FRONT MARKER LAMP. 1974 Toyota Land Cruiser Toyota South Atl...png

Do they need resistors to keep from blinking really fast when you initiate them.

The days of jacking up your 4 corners B+ turn bulb filament's wires are OVER …

Don’t ever think about the words load resister and vintage toyota ever again ..

@Coolerman first explored and then shared the TECH he offers a wider range of the LED flashers too

Last edited:
Looks like gaskets come with those cool rabble jazz led fixtures. Maybe toyotamatt will just sell you a set of gaskets?

I do not have any stand alone gaskets

Toyota phased all lamps and lights general service parts like this and chrome trim rings for example, a good while ago now and opted for a let’s go for the big home run parts approach ?

Only few exceptions Remain like 73-10/85 40 series rear tail lamps black rubber gaskets

I predict they will go away in the not to distant future …

You can no longer buy any stand alone side marker or apron
Lamp marker lenses on any 1990 And older Land Cruiser
Red or Amber …

NLA. Any of the dealer parts websites showing 81512-60140 available are simply inaccurate. I remember selling new gaskets a dozen or more years ago. They were NOS at that time. I don’t recall if I saved any for future repro but I’m confident it’s not one we get many calls or inquiries on. Oddly I think I still have a few of the NOS loose base assemblies (81517-60140) kicking around. I don’t ever remember selling them which explains why they are still around :D

The lens itself is still available:

Gaskets are still readily avail for the later model front turn signal assembly and the 9/73+ 4x tail lights (which is also used on some HiLux stuff so quite avail globally)

00B70321-5849-4E9E-B528-4410B6668601.jpeg

What does the gasket look like? Is it a basic flat profile? If there is enough interest and we can get a good template we can ask our local gasket maker about having some cut.

What does the gasket look like? Is it a basic flat profile? If there is enough interest and we can get a good template we can ask our local gasket maker about having some cut.
IIR, the lens surface is flat but housing is grooved for the gasket. I put some elmer’s school glue on the lens edge to retain the gasket pieces while I put it in place. I was able to reuse about 70% of the gasket…more to keep the lens from cracking (being screwed to a hard surface) than to keep moisture out cause it’s not a good seal. Need an aftermarket solution of some kind or new assembly. LED is appealing cause of the brightness and reduced electrical load, but I’d want a comprehensive LED swap. Turn signals, side marker lamps, and rear bulbs.

I changed out my headlights this week and they look like this now. I love it. They are bright and accurate. DRLs look good too.

98A42604-9288-45DB-980A-ADF67A090A30.jpeg

No, it has some profile to it, both around the entire perimiter as well as the locator tab which controls the orientation and thus ensures the drain is on the bottom.
20230118_121855.jpg

20230118_121912.jpg

I know these are widely stocked as of late but should anyone need a new complete light, we've had dozens here and can ship as soon as today :cool:

No, it has some profile to it, both around the entire perimiter as well as the locator tab which controls the orientation and thus ensures the drain is on the bottom.
View attachment 3222963
View attachment 3222962

I know these are widely stocked as of late but should anyone need a new complete light, we've had dozens here and can ship as soon as today :cool:
Oh yeah those would need more complicated manufacturing for sure!

Oh yeah those would need more complicated manufacturing for sure!

Unfortunately they are not just rubber sheet that could be cut. Now it's possible that could work in place of the the original, assembly would be a bit tougher as it wouldn't locate on the light housing or the lense but if one could keep it centered while assembling, it could work. Generally by the time the gasket wears out, the entire light is looking rough so it's never been on our priority list to repro. Last gasket we sold pre-dates our current POS system (1/1/2009) so they've been NLA at least that long. I could dig into our old invoicing to see when we actually last sold one but it's of no consequence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom