For Sale 73k miles, Triple-locked, black Collectors Ed. 1997 in CA, mint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD AS OF 10/31/2017

Triple locked, 73k original miles 1997 black Collectors Edition Toyota Land Cruiser, mint, clean Arizona title in hand. You read that right. This is the unicorn of unicorns, and you have to see the unblemished paint to believe it. The car smells brand-new inside, has ZERO rock chips on the leading edges of hood/bumper/mirrors, and the original leather looks brand-new. This is not a “restored” Land Cruiser. With the exception of the Old Man Emu lift, larger BFG tires and high-end paint in factory black, this is an all-original and remarkably preserved, entirely complete Collector’s 80 with Front and Rear locking differential option, matching VIN tags on frame and everywhere else, highlighted in pics. This is likely the only triple-locked Collector’s edition in this pristine of original condition, with under 75k miles in the nation, if not in the world, particularly in black. If you have been holding out for a unicorn, this is the one. Regardless of price, 80’s like this simply do not come onto the market. VIN: JT3HJ85J6V0184209

I will let the pictures of this museum-quality specimen speak for themselves before continuing with price, history and more details. Everything works, from the Front, Rear and Center Diff locks to the D-light on the dashboard, to the power antenna and original power drivers seat.

Last edited:
Agree, unreal. Was showing this to my lovely wife and was telling her that if I bought this I could not see myself driving it on a regular basis......just feels wrong. She said, "buy it, I'll drive it and and break it in for you".

Man this should come with one of these signs. That includes my wife :rofl:

this-is-what-keeps-this.jpg

wow. thanks for sharing all the pics. i've never seen the collectors edition floor mats before. i really enjoyed seeing the window sticker. the lockers seem like a bargain but the fake wood seems way too high. was the collectors edition really that much more than the regular 80's or did they have some luxury package that made up some of the difference? GLWS.

sale pending.

Buyer is a nice guy who owns some other collector vehicles and vows to care for her as she deserves. I will update here to confirm the finalization of the sale or notify if anything changes.

Deposit received.

Is this still available? This is exactly what I've been looking for. I'm in Atlanta and very interested. Thx

SOLD I have now accepted full payment on this rig. I'm gonna miss her. Shipper to arrive within the week to take her to her new garage, where she will sit next to a 60 series and some other collector SUVs.

I'm hoping for the former and not the latter in this particular case. But either way, it should be a happy truck.

Transaction complete. great buyer. Vehicle has a fantastic new owner.

Last edited:
A difficult vehicle to improve upon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom