73 ignition circuit fuse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On 2 different occasions, I blew the ignition fuse at the fuse panel that powers the coil when ignition is in running position. Both times have been when taking off from a stop at a red light. Is there anything else on this circuit other than the coil that could be shorting or causing this fuse to blow? Thanks for the help!

have you looked at the fuse seats ?

in my 40, the clamps holding the fuse were corroded, and also not holding on very well

and how intact are the wires coming out of your fuse block ?

You can check your coil primary winding resistance. Someone on here will know what it should be. If it is low you may have some shorted windings and drawing too much current.

On 2 different occasions, I blew the ignition fuse at the fuse panel that powers the coil when ignition is in running position. Both times have been when taking off from a stop at a red light. Is there anything else on this circuit other than the coil that could be shorting or causing this fuse to blow? Thanks for the help!
have you looked at the fuse seats ?

in my 40, the clamps holding the fuse were corroded, and also not holding on very well

and how intact are the wires coming out of your fuse block ?
You can check your coil primary winding resistance. Someone on here will know what it should be. If it is low you may have some shorted windings and drawing too much current.

i think for certian your clutch peddle or some how making your Black wire w / yellow tracer stripe arc to groud , since all the those wires right there

don't all the rest you your folks agree here ................

Correct me if I'm wrong but the coil isn't powered through the Engine fuse.
It is wired directly to the switch so can't be the problem.

The engine fuse powers the alternator, the USA emissions control if fitted, and the cooling fan.

Id have thought that your first place to look was the wiring diagram. - all here somewhere.

Possibly what Matt said, or maybe look the cooling fan wire is shorting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom