SOLD ‘73 FJ55 tailgate window motor pinion gear needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a NOS or otherwise new-ish tailgate window motor pinion gear for a 1973 FJ55 (early version)? 3D file would work, if you have one.

been searching and searching with no luck. Have younger girls who love riding with Dad in the wagon usually but won’t now due to exhaust fumes being sucked back in.

[ps: have searched throughout the various forums here and don’t find any sources. Tried Intl sources as well and no luck there either]

also looking for weatherproofing sources for the rear tailgate window, as well as inner and outer front and rear door windows.

I'm about to pick up a 1970 Pig. If these are unobtainium as a rule, and I can get one now, I'd jump in here as well if possible. Thanks

Where abouts in Nor Cal are you? I've got a brass one that I'm waiting to get machined. I'm in Georgetown.

What weatherproofing/rubber are you looking for? Normally I'd recommend Slo Cruisers. But I might have an extra upper tailgate rubber handy(goes on the main body)
share the wealth brothers, is anyone doing brass gears?

I'm not sure who is doing the brass gears. I bought several that needed a groove machined in them to clear the cover indent. I forget how many I have left now :/
Are the gears at Sor correct, even if the are steel? I might look into having some made

I have a NOS plastic one if you want to use an OEM model. I think it's of the later style as it has the metal insert. It's actually this exact one: SOLD - NOS FJ55 rear window gear, SoCal

Can't believe I paid that for it but I needed some other parts and it was fair enough in the end. Besides, I was a bit paranoid of not having a spare gear.

Lil'John
If you have any still available, please put me in the que for one brass gear as well.

I'm waiting for things to settle down. But I currently have four gears in my hand. Two may be claimed. One is being kept for green 55.
I sent a PM
I’m in need of 1 of the 4 if possible. Please let me know if available & price you need for it.
Thanks TJ
74 FJ55

Does anyone know what brass gear and or the source for it? i can do the machine work for recess and keyways. Any info is appreciated.
Thanks, Casey..

I don't believe anyone is making the brass gear right now. SOR has or had steel gears. Only gears showing up now are from someone's stash.

Thanks for the response. Gotta be a better solution. I'm on the hunt.

Does anyone know what brass gear and or the source for it? i can do the machine work for recess and keyways. Any info is appreciated.
Thanks, Casey..
I don't believe anyone is making the brass gear right now. SOR has or had steel gears. Only gears showing up now are from someone's stash.
im working on finding someone to

If anybody has a new brass or steel gear, I can talk to my machine shop to see if he can make some for us.
Georg @ Valley Hybrids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom