For Sale 73 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Green
Outside Link
https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/athol-1973-toyota-fj40/7385628545.html
1973 FJ40 Landcruiser. $9800.00

I bought this beast in 2007 and began changing and improving, it was rough.

What it’s got now:

• Aluminum 4 core radiator/transmission cooler with braided stainless An lines.
  • SMI Racing Q-jet, braided stainless An fuel lines with inline fuel filter and pressure regulator.
  • Lokar shifter
  • New exhaust
  • Completely rebuilt front axle and differential converted to disk brakes
  • Onboard air with York compressor. Mounted an airtank off of a pancake compressor up under the rear tub. System has a coalescing filter on it to knock out some of the fluids.
  • Professionally rebuilt brake booster.
  • Double gun rack between the seats
  • Best Top soft top, full soft doors and bikini top.
  • Custom bulletproof front bumper/winch mount with Warn 8274.
  • Custom switch panel in cab with winch controls on it so you can run it from the drivers seat.
  • Saginaw power steering.
Starting with the chevy 350. It was running a little rough, so I rebuilt the HEI ignition and made some new wires for it. Swapped out the standard Q-jet carb for a Sean Murphy Induction racing Q-jet SMI Carburetor Street Performance Rochester Quadrajet 750CFM Quadrajet 4BBL Rochester 4BBL Quadrajet 750CFM SMI- Sean Murphy Induction - https://www.smicarburetor.com/products/sfID1/28/sfID2/9/sfID3/32/productID/47 These are expensive but worth every penny in my opinion.

The 350 was running a little warm and the stock radiator was leaking a bit so I installed a Manafre custom 4 core aluminum radiator with the transmission cooler….really nice. https://manafrelv.com/product/man-a...t-gm-small-block-v8-with-transmission-cooler/

The shifter for the turbo 350 tranny was an old Hurst ratchet shifter. I swapped this out for a really cool Lokar shifter that reached up a little higher so you don’t have to bend over to shift LOL. Lokar CM350AM Lokar Case Mount Automatic Transmission Shifters | Summit Racing - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/lok-cm350am I ran braided stainless An hoses and fittings for the transmission lines to the cooler.

To finish out the engine category I had to build a complete new exhaust starting with new ramshorn manifolds and heading out the back…complete. The exhaust that was on it was unbelievable. The muffler pipe looked like it had been bent around a tree to shape it. The PO made an attempt at dual exhaust, which as you know is pretty much impossible on an FJ40. He actually ran the exhaust pipes out the back over the top of the rear wheels. Everything was hanging on chains so it would move when the tires hit it. All I could say was WOW.

After the engine was performing I started on the front axle. This was still the original drum brakes. I completely tore down the front axle. Rebuilt the differential, new gears, Bearings etc. Replaced the axle seals with Marlin Crawler upgraded seals. I actually bought the Toyota knuckle alignment tool $$$ to get everything centered up. From there I did the front disc brake conversion with 76 knuckles etc. Used Aisin hubs to complete the swap.

It’s got a commercial built rack on the back for your spare tire, high lift jack and some fuel cans. It’s made super stout, I don’t remember who the manufacturer is.

Things it needs:

• The seats need some attention big time. Pretty rough around the edges LOL.
  • I’m missing a couple nuts and bolts for the windshield wipers which should be pretty easy to come by. The wiper motor works, I don’t remember why I took it off 10 years ago.
  • The rubber straps holding the exhaust in place under the frame have given out. Not sure why but won’t be difficult to fix. I just don’t have time to mess with it.
Those are the main things I can think of to get it road ready. Excellent hunting rig for bombing around the woods.

If you have any questions shoot me an email, I will do my best to answer, thanks.

20210912_161756.jpg

20210912_161722.jpg

20210912_161743.jpg

20210912_161818.jpg

20210925_154127.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom