'73 FJ40 - no oil pressure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Before you drop the pan, there is an oil pressure regulator on the side of the engine to the right of the sender in your pic above.

I would check the FSM for adjustment there first.

Maybe Mark @65swb45 can provide some insight to it's operation.

A couple links for more info:

Thanks. I was wondering if that might be involved with the issue I'm having. Will look into it and reply here when I know more.

You’ve got a 2F valve cover on your F motor. It’s a worthwhile upgrade as the steel F valve covers are prone to leaking.

My warpig critter with a Rino bumber guard lol a 1976 2 f waiting on a new sending unit now my sending units attached just below the oil filter passenger side I don't believe I have a oil regulator like the f motor does???? but will definitely check thank you its showing no oil pressure at the gauge it was working then went out going down the road I replace the sending unit still nothing I hooked a 9 volt battery to the wire and gauge went completely to the right? I thought ok gauge works? so I took the sending unit out to see if I had any oil at the port ?? well hell that was stupid I mad a hell of a mess quickly oil every where so I thinking it has to be the sending unit???? waiting on one now

I think your oil pressure regulator is now inside the oil pump, and therefore a PIA to get to...

Not sure if it is the same issue I was having, but I was also having issue seeing oil in the top end. Did the drill thing, but found that actually turning the motor with distributor in place after spinning oil pump finally caused the oil to start coming out of the top end. You can see my thread about Help with first start.

so if the new sending unit doesn't make the gauge work on mine pull the oil pump? it was pumping oil everywhere??? no idea on pressure different gauge? just to test it??

You really should have a mechanical oil pressure gauge. Not that hard to plumb, important information. Stock gauge is little more than a warning light that moves.

having the correct Button Connetcor is a must .

B7C0298A-D601-4192-9273-2C863A4721AD.jpeg

I made a home made oil sending unit button connection??? It was working but isn't doing jack now. I gave up replaced sending unit twice and stuck a 9 volt battery on wire gauge work with 9 volts applied. I put a mechanical gauge with a oil tube all the way to the dash its working fine how important is that dam connection I figure a lot??? probably just my home made connection the whole time?

I made a home made oil sending unit button connection??? It was working but isn't doing jack now. I gave up replaced sending unit twice and stuck a 9 volt battery on wire gauge work with 9 volts applied. I put a mechanical gauge with a oil tube all the way to the dash its working fine how important is that dam connection I figure a lot??? probably just my home made connection the whole time?

see the `detenT ball on my JIS yazaki oem brass terminal

button connetor has a small hole in ctr

ball and socket effect

also clam shel femail terminal , toyota techinal name :

POSITIVE GRIP ANTI PULL OFF TERMINAL

little bastards are almost $5 US each $

but worth every penny

anything else u use will fail quickly or give you a spotty false signal at gauge

now ...............

who among you all wants a spotty signal at there life blood beating heart oil guage in dash ?

sure as heck not me , thats for dam sure

you get what you pay for in LAND CRUISER parts world bottom line

you skimp and go cheap jerry rig YOU LOOSE in end

You invest in a Professionally Engineered Product by a Toyota Certified Master tech with 30+ years land cruiser back bone blood

YOU WIN and it keeps winning ...........

db024-denso-290119-082917 - Copy (2).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom