73 FJ40 1f engine external oil filter reducer fitting size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Working on my 73 1f and the external oil line fitting from the block is cross threaded. I've been to every local store and thought the fitting is 1/8 to 1/4 bsp. Just recieved this from Amazon and it still doesnt fit.
Amazon product ASIN B07KS2W9G1
Can anyone verify if that is the correct size to order? Im hoping that they just sent the wrong size. The brass piece will not screw in the block and doesn't fit the oil line either. 🤔
20220525_193103.jpg

Oil lines are NPT, block is BSTP (tapered). I just had a hydraulic hose fitter replace the oil lines on mine after Parker Hose was unable to find the fittings. BSP should thread into BSTP but may be more finicky lining up.

Oil lines are NPT, block is BSTP (tapered). I just had a hydraulic hose fitter replace the oil lines on mine after Parker Hose was unable to find the fittings. BSP should thread into BSTP but may be more finicky lining up.
Okay. Didn't realize there was a tapered fitting too. Thank you for the help!

Working on my 73 1f and the external oil line fitting from the block is cross threaded. I've been to every local store and thought the fitting is 1/8 to 1/4 bsp. Just recieved this from Amazon and it still doesnt fit.
Amazon product ASIN B07KS2W9G1
Can anyone verify if that is the correct size to order? Im hoping that they just sent the wrong size. The brass piece will not screw in the block and doesn't fit the oil line either. 🤔
View attachment 3018325

your new brass one is a SAE ghetto American threads pitch

and little to NO jis pipe taper either ?

you need a correct JIS thread pitch OEM toyota fitting to be clear here

do NOT force that new fitting in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom