73 FJ 40 headlight switch - front turn signal power question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi - need help with understanding how the front turn signals get power. The Haynes wiring diagram shows power goes from the left turn signal/marker to the right turn signal/marker, and then to the headlight switch. However for the headlight switch, the service manual shows:

TB - to fuse - tail light power source
HB - to fuse - headlight power source
TL - to tail light
PL - to meter pilot light
HD - to dimmer switch

Any idea on where the power wire for the front turn signal/marker goes? Can I splice to the tail light?

Thanks for any suggestions.

NO SPLICING ............

The Headlight Switch Diagram you are seeing is For a 1974-1977 FJ40 it has a Rheostys dimmer feature Lighted KNOB switch

your 1973 FJ40 Has a Unique first generation Fixed KNOB , NO ROTATE Feature switch that defies LOGIC and is a
True work of ART that TOYOTA only used for a single Model Year 1973 ONLY ..... SADLY

I am also Assuming you have a USA spec. FJ40 and NOT a NON USA IMPORT ?

so what do you have here on this key point topic USA or NON USA ?

NO SPLICING ............

The Headlight Switch Diagram you are seeing is For a 1974-1977 FJ40 it has a Rheostys dimmer feature Lighted KNOB switch

your 1973 FJ40 Has a Unique first generation Fixed KNOB , NO ROTATE Feature switch that defies LOGIC and is a
True work of ART that TOYOTA only used for a single Model Year 1973 ONLY ..... SADLY

I am also Assuming you have a USA spec. FJ40 and NOT a NON USA IMPORT ?

so what do you have here on this key point topic USA or NON USA ?
Thanks for the quick reply! Actually the FJ came with the rotating feature headlight switch with the lighted knob. May have been switched by a PO? I think the FJ is a USA spec but hadn't really considered that it might not be....

Thanks for the quick reply! Actually the FJ came with the rotating feature headlight switch with the lighted knob. May have been switched by a PO? I think the FJ is a USA spec but hadn't really considered that it might not be....

i will consult my EWD on the later year switch retrofit topic ?

when it comes to a 1973 front turn signals ?

lets confirm then first you have the correct well...................1973 ones installed

since we have a HYBRID years parts topic with the switch already , witch is NOT a bad thing if it was updated so to speak correctly

do u have these exact turn lamps installed ?

note: ignore the LED topic , im only using this as a general TECH. reference resource ............

1614237253771.png

Thank you but I figured it out. Your attempt to assist appreciated. The wiring harness installed by the previous owner had some wires fed to the wrong places. In the end I wired the turn signals independent of one another, so no extra wire. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom